Flash Player crashes

Started by =CfC= Binks, August 01, 2010, 05:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC= Binks

I say chaps,

having a spot of bother with Flash player, which keeps crashing, both in Explorer and Firefox. Tried absolutely everything, deleting, re-installing, changing the time lag settings, etc etc, but the bally thing just keeps on crashing. This means I cannot watch things on you tube, nor can I download anything from the BBC, including their radio programmes, as they all use Adobe Flash. Anyone any ideas? I've googled it, and it appears there are lots of folks with the same type of problem, and various "fixes", none of which seem to work.

Any "Flash" assistance gratefully received.

Cheers,

Binks

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Woof

Hey Binks,  ftw I don't have Flash Player installed, just Adobe reader, and I can get Youtube okay. 

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Bounder

Top of the morning to you Old Chap,

I have had problems with Flash Player for many a while. After much trial and error, I downloaded the "Uninstall" patch from Adobe and have to run this before updating Flash Player everytime they produce an update. I now have this little prog on my desktop.

You can get it from the Adobe website.

Hope it works for you.

Bounder ;D

=CfC= Binks

I'm afraid neither fix works chaps. I cannot read videos with Adobe reader as they refuse to open without the install of Flash player, and I've run the uninstaller several times, and re-installed, but the problem remains. Dashed nuisance what!

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC=Woof

Binks, old boy, I had a similar problem some time ago with Java.  I updated it once and everything went to hell in a hand basket with diamond earrings and high heels.  Could not completely uninstall and could not reinstall.  Finally discovered it was my Comodo firewall blocking it.  Shutting Comodo down while installing Java had no effect.  I had to first uninstall Comodo then I could reinstall Java.  No more Comodo for this kid.  So the word of the day is...check yer effing firewall.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC= Binks

Not the firewall Woof. Turned it off, and the same thing happens.

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC= Binks

It would appear the problem lies with my anti virus software, AVG. I just uninstalled it, and everything is back to normal, so there must be something in it blocking the Flash player.

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC=Fitz

Try Avast antivirus. I've been using it for years and I've never had a problem with it.

Pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC= Binks

Okey Dokey, I'll give it a go.

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC= Binks

Same problem with Avast, Flash Player crashes as soon as I try to open up a You Tube video. There must be a conflict somewhere between Flash Player/Windows 7/ Anti virus software. I suspect that as Flash Player works without the anti virus software running, it's probably Adobe that is the problem?

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC= Binks

Solved, (I think).

It's a Firefox problem. I had to go into the about:config and change the settings as follows;

You need to perform a few more steps!: set dom.ipc.plugins.enabled to false and dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.NPSWF32.dll to false.

Also had to set the download timelag to -1.

What a shambolic Firefox mess. I would have thought they would have cleared this up before releasing the latest version.

HE Lord Binks.