The new Mission Builder

Started by Badgerton Smedly, May 13, 2011, 11:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badgerton Smedly

Tally Ho!

I appreciate that any CoD usage is a way off, but I thought it worth just giving an overview of the new FMB features.  Whilst they are exciting on one hand, building a mission and all the required furniture (I'll explain) could take an age and be quite obstructive.  Hey - let's use some bullet points!

Features
• The general Map, objects, movement and frontline concepts are the same.
• All 'objects' ar grouped by type and country (hooray)!
• Interestingly object are not self contained in all aspects e.g. if you want a search light to work you have to put a generator near it. The same goes for radar.
• It's possible to add abjects to objects e.g. place AAA on trains, or ships.
• Ojects do not work on their own, they need an AI profile attributed to them
• Different hardware can be configured to be towed behind the trucks
• Exiting object are much more complicated e.g. airfileds, where it is possible to place AC is exact start locations for a mission.

Thoughts.
• The overall concept is still Work In Progress but the underlying scripting code is there and ready to be built on.  The FMB interface has to catch up to be of any use.
• Whilst the potential mission building scale is vast, it'll also take an age to build up ones furniture and customised library.  I'm sure that the ability to swap and import/export peices will be there.
• Bolting AI profiles to moving objects will be interesting.  I've not looked much into this but will in a while.

More to come and it's very early days.  There's a link to the 1C forum thread below.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22740

Pootles

Badger