Track IR versus VR insight - Hat Track

Started by sadsack324, May 09, 2011, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cartwright

You'll be o.k. Sadsack old chap......I've been thrashing blindly 'bout the sky with this shower for a couple of weeks now, and haven't been asked to leave yet. it's of no consequence and often engenders much hilarity if one makes a pig's ear of things in dogfight sessions; but in co-ops I tend to keep a distance from other flyers to avoid embarrassing situations.
I'm in a similar situation to you regarding PC nouse; luckily my elder son is the opposite. I have also been out of the IL2 loop for (good grief) 7 years now due to RL situations (business and caring for elderly parents, children and various canine mutts) and was shy about getting back into it and making a twat of meself amongst chaps that have been at it since the demo back in 2000. In those intervening years from being able to inflict some grief in Hyperlobby I have reached 61 and find that I now fly like the old geezer doing 40mph in the middle lane of the motorway resplendant in trilby and string-backed gloves. I find that having set up my old X45 HOTAS, CH pedals. Nostromo command pad, TS3 and TrackIR to perfection, once in the air I can't remember which button/rotary/key does what.
Be not misled by the impression the fine fellows of Chuffys like to encourage that they are a cross between Biggles and Monty Python, they all seem to me to be rather tasty at shootin' and flyin'; often at the same time. Importantly though they are able to balance this proficiency with good-natured humour and banter which makes 'flying' with them both fun and challenging.
Just one thing, with this lot on DF nights, 'don't fly straight and level in the combat area!!'

I look forward to seeing you in the air old chap.
Notice no smileys; I think you've used up our daily quota  ;D
oops no there's one.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on May 13, 2011, 07:10:25 AM
Conky, you must need some rig to run that game.   My fps just running the demo were so low it looked like a slide show.

The optimization of the code is ongoing Bluey, 300-400 patches should do the trick.

There are also a few bugs, for instance the Norfolk Island map is actually that of Lord Howe Island. Don't know how that could have happened... :D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

CFC_Conky

Quote from sadsack:

"...I reckon those that reside permanently in WA have had a portion of their brain removed - That portion which controls logic! LOL Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..."

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on May 13, 2011, 07:08:19 AM
Mrs Bluey is from WA.

Well, she did marry you Bluey ;)

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

sadsack324

Cheers Gizmo and BalDaddy, and yeah Conky Mrs Blue Dog did marry Mr BD perhaps some sort of defection from the West EH???

notice no smiley's LOL.

Cheers,

SS.

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: Gizmo on May 13, 2011, 05:25:28 PM
Worry not sadsack, not many people get online the first time without some sort of problem or indeed continue into the future without something going awry. (Have you tried doing a reboot Woof ?) Between everyone things get sorted out.

As for "stuffing up" the flying, you're not officially a Chuffolite until you've shot down your wingman and spent 15 minutes unwittingly flying in the wrong direction.

SadSack, Gizmo is, I believe referring to my three year probationary period with CFC during which time the perennial cry became:"Lookout chaps, Woof's whining about his bloody computer again."  Now that I've finally got a stable rig I'm hoping to become a full member after the next Selection Committee meeting.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

sadsack324

G'day Woof,
                   Yes mate I am more than able to "empathise" with your PC situation. 3 years of being out in the "wilderness" mate. That's a bit stiff isn't it?? and wot's this selection commitee stuff? You wouldn't be "winding me up" now Woof would ya?

cheers,

SS.
Still NO smiley's!!!

=CfC=Woof

Me?  Wind you up?  I didn't even know you were rundown.  Or a clock.   Might I suggest a strong celery tonic water?   Or a key?   I guess Fitz and or Bluey have not yet sent you your Handbook.  When you get it, read, memorize and inwardly digest page 367.  Illuminating.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

sadsack324

Sorry mate no can do! Lost ma glasses and anyway I just look at the pics. I'm tryin to get off the veges and use Tonic water for my car battery so I reckon I'm stuffed before even gettin off the ground mate snigger snigger

Cheers,

SS.

sadsack324

Just an addition re the windin up etc,
                                                      A mate and I sent a young bloke down to the engineers Q store one arvo with a request for a "Long weight" didn't see him for 3 days LOL

Cheers,
                                                                                  SS

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteWell, she did marry you Bluey

Touche, Conky.

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on May 13, 2011, 09:17:33 PM
QuoteWell, she did marry you Bluey

Touche, Conky.

On the other hand Bluey, what they may lack in logic is more than made up for by their telepathic abilities. When my wife gets home later, I fully expect her to knock me into next week because I may have said something out of line about WA ladies... ;)

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteI have reached 61 and find that I now fly like the old geezer doing 40mph in the middle lane of the motorway resplendant in trilby and string-backed gloves

Baldaddy, had Woof and I realised you were a youngster, we would have gone easy on you.

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteWhen my wife gets home later, I fully expect her to knock me into next week because I may have said something out of line about WA ladies.

Nothing to do with telepathic abilities, Conky.   I've just emailed her! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CFC_Conky