Track IR versus VR insight - Hat Track

Started by sadsack324, May 09, 2011, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadsack324

Quote from: sadsack324 on May 10, 2011, 01:21:03 PM
Quote from: BalDaddy on May 10, 2011, 12:46:58 PM
had a gander for you SS cheapest deal in UKon the Track IR with the Pro clip is 270AUD inc 3 day Fedex to your address.
G'day Cobber,
                                  Thanks for that, much appreciated. I had a "gander" on "Flight sim pilot shop" and they have a special on at the moment. Price for this article is $134.90 USD ( from memory) plus freight on top, approx $40 odd USD if I want it here in 3 days. Because the "aussie dollar" is reasonable at the moment that brings the price down in the US. I dunno how it is compared to the pound sterling but 134.00 is a lot better than most other prices. I'm not sure about Customs though??? Anyone know if there's a tax on stuff like this coming in from either the US or the UK???

Thanks anyway cobber I guess I'm gonna have to ring Customs here in OZ and find out "From the horses mouth" so to speak!

Cheers,

SS.
Just an update on my last,
                                                    I thought it was too good to be true, Lowest price I could find was $224.95 from PC Aviator ( Australia) however that includes everything. I've sent a message to "Natural point US", they're advertising the same thing for $169.95USD. I asked if they shipped international? Their rep in AUS wanted around $335 or some ridiculous thing like that for the exact same product! Wot a rip off!!!!!

Cheers and thanks to all for your help,

SS.

=CfC=Father Ted

Hey SS,

Looks like you'll be going down the Freetrack route after all!  Here is a (working) link:

http://www.free-track.net/english/

Looks like your webcam won't work - but as I say modifying it for this will bugger it up for anything else (unless you have an IR lamp and want to look like the subject of a black ops mission whist on Skype)

Ted

sadsack324

G'day Ted,
                Cheers mate ;) and thanks for the link. I try and stay clear of the "black ops" blokes, they don't have much of a sense of humour :D :D :D

Cheers and thanks,

SS. 8)

sadsack324

G'day Gizmo,
                    Mate, I got to the stage today where I got so frustrated >:( with all the considerations regarding the purchase of this stuff ie freight charges, customs charges and waiting times that I "spat the dummy" ::) ::) ::) and ordered the stuff from an Australian mob. I've looked all around the globe and because of our location compared to both the US and the UK and the fact that the OZ government are on a "money grabbing" exercise ::) ( not that it isn't the case always ::) ) and after handing down their budget paper for 2011/12 last night plus considerations regarding warranty issues, I found myself becoming "totally" confused about the whole exercise with the corresponding amount of acid build up in my stomach ;D ;D. An executive decision had to be made so I made it. Price is always a consideration but in the "wash up" I found that buying local was the easiest way to go. One exception I made was with my new HOTAS. I ordered a new X52 from a mob in the US and even with freight included I will be saving a substantial amount. ;) ;) I had one ordered with a bloke on Ebay but he was happy to forget the deal so "at the end of the day" so to speak everything has been sorted. ;) ;) Having said that gentlemen, I wish to thank you all for your help regarding this and appreciate your input and assistance. Thank You one and all. :) :) :) :) I hope to be flying with you fine aviators sooner rather than later! ;) ;)

Cheers and Thanks,

SS. 8) 8)   

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on May 10, 2011, 01:10:14 AM
QuoteBit of a Luddite here, the hat switch rules Conky's roost (and gets him shot down a lot

SadSack, you should be aware that Conky is an airline pilot so he doesn't look out the window very much.   Also, his Company has modified all their aircraft to incorporate a hat switch on the control column.   Electrical leads go from the hat switch to a USB connector on Conky's seat.   Conky is wired up so that his head can be connected internally to the USB connecter via the total digestive system.   A tad uncomfortable at times, but effective.   Conky can then use the hatswitch to control head movements for the odd occasions when he needs to look outside.   Sorry Conky, your secret is out! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

QuoteWhile we're on the subject, does TIR take up a controller slot in IL2

Nope, as long as you have a spare USB slot (on your computer, that is), you're in business.

Ahem Bluey,

I'll have you know that the next instalment in the IL2 series will be IL2: Ferry Command!

It will have advanced features such as:

- 10-14 hour missions where absolutely nothing happens.
- CEM where engine(s) will automatically operate in 'auto-rough' as soon as your aircraft is out of gliding range of shore.
- CSN (Complex Stellar Navigation), making coop missions much more interesting; "What heading should we fly? Damned if I know, which one is Beltegeuse again?"
- Ability to toggle frozen relief tube on/off
- CFM (Complex Fuel Management), selecting 100% fuel will only give you 60% and/or stronger headwinds and/or poor weather at destination and alternate.
- Cockpit heat serviceability will be random, as will primary flight instruments and radio navigation aids.
- Promotion will be spotty.
- There will be no medals awarded...ever.

There will be all-new maps:

Alaska:

Anchorage:

Aleutians:
Adak

Greenland:

Scotland:

Norfolk island:

Vancouver Island:

Some unidentified God-forsaken hovel of a place:

Decent ground detail:

Improved high-altitude FM's:

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Gosh that almost looks like the real thing! 'Though God Forsake Hovel Place' looks a tad too vivid, so this has completely ruined it for my so I'm not buying it, but reserve my right to whine and whinge about it on Sim HQ.
Whisper is there will be a later add-on called 'TAKORADI RUN';  where you have to assemble your Hurricane and then fly over MMFD in real time to Cairo. Real hardcore simmers will not touch the warp time button.

"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

sadsack324

G'day Conky,
                   Very nice photos Conky - who was flyin the plane????? AND "how dare you call our beloved Sydney a Hovel ::) ::) ::) you brake a poor old colonial heart you do"! :'( :'( :'(

Cheers,

SS.

CFC_Conky

Don't tell me you're one of those Sydney-siders sadsack, oh the horror! :D

Actually, i love the place. I like WA more though, my wife's family on her dad's side are from WA, spread out from Perth to Margaret River. Her grandfather was the official photographer for the city of Perth during the 1920's. Lovely country, fantastic wine, too many bloody roos jumping out in front of your car at dusk.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Some very nice pics - and a great idea for a game - though I have to tell you we have no islands like that in Norfolk ;)

Ted

sadsack324

G'day Conky,
                    Just got out of bed mate so I'm a little "worse for wear" you might say. :P :P No, in fact I hail from a little more Southern Latitude - Torquay in Victoria :D :D :D ( on the coast ) where they hold the "Bell's beach Classic" ( Surfing competition). ;) ;) ;) A very nice little place when the tourists aren't here? 8) Christmas/New year period is "bedlam" down here ( I don't go out of the house) ::) ::) ::) then Easter when the surfing mob turn up ( once again I don't venture outside) ::) ::) ::) but the rest of the year it's OK. 8) 8) I've spent many many days and weeks in Sydney though and enjoyed every minute although I've got mixed feelings about the place? ??? ??? ??? WA is a very strange place compared to the rest of Australia. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ I reckon those that reside permanently in WA have had a portion of their brain removed - That portion which controls logic! LOL :D :D :D :D No seriously, there are differences in the way we ( on the East coast ) talk and think compared with those living in the West. Apart from a time difference there's also a "cerebral" difference as well. ;D ;D ;D

cheers,

SS. 8)

=CfC=BlueDog

=CfC=BlueDog

Conky, you must need some rig to run that game.   My fps just running the demo were so low it looked like a slide show.

sadsack324

Good Day to ALL,
                          I'm unclear as to if this is the most appropriate area of the board to post this but it would seem the most logical.
Firstly, I'm not entirely comfortable with the operations of a PC. I grew up and went to school when calculators weren't allowed let alone used and when I went to University I had many problems learning what the rest of my fellow students thought was a natural part of daily life. Consequently my skills with a PC are limited not by a lack of interest but more by a lack of understanding. I have, for some time now, wished that I had the skill with computers that many children have but I guess that's life. I also, for a long long time have wished that I could fly with or against actual humans instead of AI pilots. When a certain member of this Squadron one Blue Dog ( Bluey) advised me of Chuffey's existance I jumped at the opportunity to make an application to join. Unfortunately health issues intervened and saw my joining delayed. Even though my health isn't 100% and given the fact that I'm more or less restricted to home and my "office" I decided I would take that giant leap and join up with the intention of "Flying online".

Whilst I may come across as confident, cocky and self assured, nothing could be further from the truth. If it wasn't for the ongoing assistance, guidance and support offered by Bluey and the interest displayed by most on this forum I'm sure that I would be much further down the "gurgler" than I am. I have, with Bluey's help "patched" my IL2 1946 up to the required version I have downloaded and installed both Teamspeak 3.2 and Hyperlobby and have been provided numerous tips along the way and I cannot thank Bluey enough for his help in getting all of this "done and dusted" so to speak.

Once I receive the hardware I'm waiting on I will be ready to fly online. A minute step in many peoples minds but to me it has been a "daunting exercise" and I'm yet to successfully get online ( with the right mob) and fly. So it is with this in mind that I decided to type this post. Once established, if I make some errors when trying to join Chuffey's on one of your "outings" and I reckon I'm going to make a few could you please be aware that I make these errors because I don't understand what is expected of me. I like everyone I guess don't enjoy making mistakes but please be aware any mistakes made by me are certainly not intentional and not through arrogance. I have no wish to "stuff up" a mission or DF and will need the patience of you all and judging by what I've seen so far Chuffey's members are a most helpful bunch of people. I'm trying as hard as I possibly can NOT to make a "blue" but if I do, can those in the "firing squad" ensure their magazines are loaded with blank rounds please? ;D ;D

I think I've said what I wanted to say and I really do look forward to flying with you chaps. All I've got to do now is work out what "godforsaken" time I have to be up and "fully functional" so as to perform with the stick and throttle to my "optimum". ::) ::)

Thank you Bluey for your patience and help and thank you Chuffey's for giving me the opportunity to do something I've always wanted to do but not had the IQ to achieve. Thank You.

Cheers,

SS. :-[ :-[

PS: It doesn't help either when your surrounded by "real world"
      pilots - Commercial, former military pilots and the like. I just feel all the more inferior. ??? ???

Gizmo

Worry not sadsack, not many people get online the first time without some sort of problem or indeed continue into the future without something going awry. (Have you tried doing a reboot Woof ?) Between everyone things get sorted out.

As for "stuffing up" the flying, you're not officially a Chuffolite until you've shot down your wingman and spent 15 minutes unwittingly flying in the wrong direction.