RE: Apologies to Farber.

Started by sadsack324, May 07, 2011, 04:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadsack324

G'day All,
              Just wish to apologise to Farber for my comments. ::) If you were offended by them I'm sorry. :'( They weren't meant to offend, for some reason, when using the "quick reply" area to post I can't find the "smiley's". This would have helped immensely indicate my "jovial" intent and the manner in which the post/s were intended. Once again apologise Farber old chap!

Cheers,

Sadsack.

5./JG27Farber

Hahah,

I wasnt too sure but you cant read too much into text as it has no tone.

Dont worry about it. :D
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

sadsack324

Quote from: 5./JG27Farber on May 07, 2011, 06:26:40 AM
Hahah,

I wasnt too sure but you cant read too much into text as it has no tone.

Dont worry about it. :D
Yeagh, totally agree ( about the text that is) ;) What made you fly the 109's? Any particular reason? Are you "fair dinkum" German? Cos your English is superb! ( For a "kraut" that is) ;D

5./JG27Farber

What made me fly 109's?

I am repulsed by the historically inaccuracies of what I would call "Hollywood History"  or what is considered to be the general knowledge of WWII.  The spitfire this the spitfire that...  When in reality there was allot more aircraft involved, for example the Hurricane.  Anyway this could turn into a huge rant so Ill simplfy it - Its cool to be the baddies!

O and I am English but I am slowly learning German.
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: 5./JG27Farber on May 07, 2011, 06:26:40 AM
...you cant read too much into text as it has no tone.

Absolutely.  Farber - I had you pegged as a  German with very good English - not that rare a thing.  And because I thought you were German, your posts seemed to me to have a Teutonic tinge ::)

Ted

CFC_Conky

Historical inaccuracies?

You should try talking about this stuff with non-WW2 historical addicts like us. To the general public any and every WW2 German aircraft is a Stuka, British a Spitfire, Japanese a Zero and American a Mustang! :D

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.