Ashes

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, November 24, 2010, 12:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

It's a peculiar aspect of the English sporting psyche: if we'd been the underdogs then there would have been gloating a go go on my part, but as it was...

Also I actually feel sorry for Ricky (sympathy from a Pom - the last thing he would want!)  The other illustrious names who underpinned the glory years of his reign were able to retire with reputation and pride intact.  He chose to oversee the attempt to rebuild the team as his own skills were in decline and is paying the price in terms of his diminishing esteem

Ted

=CfC=Bounder

Poms don't gloat......we keep a stiff upper lip even in victory.......even when there is little opposition......and even when the opposition just provide a bit of practice....but I say....you need to change your presentation chaps...

Always polite and gracious.....

Bounder ;D

"You're fired mate"

=CfC=BlueDog

Although Blighty bound, those ashes are still to be won!

And although sidelined because of his fractured thumb, Ricky will be there making obscene gestures with it towards the Poms - and probably towards the umpires as well. ;D

=CfC=Bounder

Yup....guessed as much....they are already showing him how at Fifi's Oz owned franchise!

Bounder ;D ;D

=CfC=BlueDog

Could that be Matrons uncouth twin sister?

=CfC=BlueDog

CFC_Conky

Slutty...but sophisticated! :D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Well, it appears the Aussie bowlers can't trouble the Pommie batsmen; and the Aussie batsmen can't cope with the Pommie bowling.   Aussie fielding needs a bit of work as does the running between wickets.   Also (regretably), Aussie sledging is not up to the standard of the Poms'.

But other than that, things are looking pretty good! 8)

=CfC= Binks

I say sports.  Wasn't that a spiffing performance from we tourists.

Toodle pip Aus, and thanks for the sunshine, and the wee urn.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Bounder

"Good game...good game"

Bounder ;D

=CfC=BlueDog

Ah the ignominy, oh the humiliation. :-[ :-[ :-[

I shall now have to reconsider my anglophile status. :o

I hereby renounce the (disfunctional) British Royal Family and embrace the Danish Royalty (particularly Princess Mary); I shall sell my Land Rover and Dyson vacuum cleaner; and in future I shall only fly Blue!

=CfC=Bounder

I say BD...you should change your avatar to "Smogesdansing"...it really is not cricket to have a unilateral declaration of allegiance to the bacon and cheese brigade and still dance in red and white with all the bells and whistles of Empire reeking with roast beef and warm ale.

We could arrange for Father Ted to give you some basic cricket coaching...starting with how to get a run by running between the wickets when there is little chance of the opposition gathering the ball and hitting the stumps before the run is complete. It is after all one of the basics and will help you get the "idea".

Lesson two will follow after you have had your bacon and cheese sandwich and a piece of raw herring.

"Skal"

Bounder ;D

=CfC=BlueDog

Hah! .............. A knee to the collective pyjama clad groins! ;D ;D ;D

=CfC=BlueDog

What?   No riposte to my gentle 50 overs barb? ;D

Must be the Andy Murray syndrome kicking in. :D

Sassenachs!! ;D 8)

=CfC=Bounder

Let the next battle commence.............World Cup 2011