Online flying

Started by CFC_Conky, March 02, 2016, 07:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Mike,

Many thanks for explaining the shift + logic. When I bought BOS I used my 1946 profile for the X52 to enter similar button functions into the BOS key assignments: there were a few shift + and alt + entries and these are the ones that have caused the issues. I will have to do what Skylla has done and start again using single key entries for all button functions on the X52.

The other frustrating issue is the inability to assign the rotary trim elevator axis to all the a/c. Only the bf109 will accept this axis. The 190 will accept down only trim access and the Yak none at all resulting in having to use key assignments via one of the POV's......... altogether very unsatisfactory and the developers did say more than a year ago that this would be looked at.

Conky,

I will definitely get the Yak 1b......shame the Spit is not available as a single add-on.

Bounder

skylla

Quote from: Storebror on December 01, 2017, 05:41:13 AM
Not sure if you can really blame BoX for it, could as well be a design flaw in the X-52 software.
Maybe, but then again: No problems with that in '46. After all what do I need those Shift+XXX combinations for if I cannot lay something onto XXX? The whole idea of this is to use a lot more "keys" than there are on the keyboard ;)

Quote from: Storebror on December 01, 2017, 05:41:13 AM
This rather looks like the "Shift KEYUP" event timing is messed up... maybe Saitek sends a "SHIFT -> L -> SHIFT KEYUP -> L KEYUP" sequence instead of "SHIFT -> L -> L KEYUP -> SHIFT KEYUP".
God knows... only Saitek and 777 could shed a light on this.
That's a good point (and btw, thanks for the detailed explanation!).
As you can also define exactly when keys should be pressed & released within the Saitek software I will try to ensure that the sequence is "SHIFT -> L -> L KEYUP -> SHIFT KEYUP" and post the results back here.

Quoteone of the nice features however, is the ability to map multiple functions onto one key
definitely!

Storebror

Quote from: skylla on December 01, 2017, 09:11:14 AM
what do I need those Shift+XXX combinations for if I cannot lay something onto XXX? The whole idea of this is to use a lot more "keys" than there are on the keyboard
The simplest way out for the moment is to avoid the "XXX only" key settings.
You can use "Shift+XXX", "Ctrl+XXX", "Alt+XXX" and "Alt Gr + XXX" in parallel right now, only if you bring "XXX only" in, things get messed up.

Best regards - Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. -

Storebror

Sorry for double post and... sure you guys know it 8)
Nevertheless for you key mappers:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/29700-basic-guide-cem-key-mapping-new-starters/

Cheers!
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. -