CLOD

Started by Minky, March 15, 2016, 01:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: Minky on March 22, 2016, 06:09:12 PM
The sordid Steam saga goes on and on. Whilst in a charitable frame of mind I gave Steam another opportunity to redeem itself. After I downloaded Steam (took forever) and CLOD (which took an eternity) and even the latest update, the game is still conspicuous by its absence! After I click on the desk top icon, a promising message appears on the screen asking me if would allow the program to make changes to my computer. As you may have guessed it, eagerly and full of anticipation I responded in the affirmative. Alas, the same scenario follows. After a few furtive attempts the program quits and disappears from my screen. Am I just  unlucky or cursed? If anyone suffered the same fate and somehow was able to overcome this dilemma, share it with and give me some clues as to the solution, will ya? I'll be forever indebted to my CLOD savior(s).
BTW, all this transpires while I am dully signed in onto Steam on my account.

Cheers.
Minky.

Hmm...Hard to know what's going on here.  Firstly I'm supposing your PC has the specs to run the game? Though I guess if you can run RoF, then it should manage CloD.  Secondly, does CloD tell you what changes it wants to make to your PC?  Sometimes something as simple as a screen resolution mis-match will stop a program in its tracks.

=CfC=Fitz

I expect that the problem is CloD rather than steam. CloD is a poorly coded, un-optimised, not even half finished load of dross.

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: =CfC=Fitz on March 25, 2016, 08:13:01 AM
CloD is a poorly coded, un-optimised, not even half finished load of dross.

Well, that was true at its release and for a long while after.  However, some official patches and latterly the Team Fusion mods have made it a serviceable sim, IMO.  And anyway it should at least launch...