Mods

Started by Minky, March 21, 2016, 12:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minky

Gentlemen, today I was lurking around on TS (on and off) hoping to catch any of you for some advice. For lack of a better venue I will post my dilemma(s) on this forum. I uploaded IL2 1946 onto my computer and so far so good. I understand that I will need to upload mods in order to participate in any future Chuffy activities; so what are these mods and where can I find them? I also uploaded ROF from a disc I purchased, however, I am having issues trying to activate the game. I have already generated a "ticket" with 777 and hopefully I will be able to resolve these issues shortly. Any words of wisdom that you chaps are willing to share with me will be greatly appreciated. BTW, from what I have been able to observe the graphics are just superb.
Cheers,
Minky

=CfC=Bounder

We currently use the SAS server for our IL2 flying. This is a 24//7 server running the Ultra Pack (UP3) mod pack taylored for online flying.

All the information about how to download and install it and get it ready for online flying at SAS can be found here:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,186.0.html

We are usually flying on the SAS server and available on TS on Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday from 1845 Z .

Bounder

=CfC=Father Ted

In addition to what Bounder says:

We need to know what version of IL2 46 you are running.  You can find this on the bottom of the screen which come up when you first start the game (when it is loading).  Once we know that, we'll know whether you need to patch before you mod.

Secondly, I would save a "clean" version of the game, preferably patched to the most recent version, somewhere safe.  Fortunately the IL2 folder can be copied and pasted and still work.  You need to keep this copy in case the modding process goes wrong - you just delete the modded version, copy your clean one back and start again.

We may have to look at what mods you want to install.  There are a plethora, and a full install of mods will swell your IL2 file to over 20GB - plus you have to download it all.   All you need for our purposes is Ultrapack.