A little Roffing today

Started by CFC_Conky, January 08, 2016, 10:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Ugh, am I ever out of practice; killed three times and nary a kill, ground or air... :P

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Which server Conks?
I have been on the 'Wargrounds' server, trundling around for ages at a reasonable alt. with nary a sight of another kite, mine or theirs. Then found they are all scrapping down in the mud ignoring the mission tasks which hardly makes for a realistic scenario methinks.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Hi Ted,

I was on Wargrounds as well; the players seemed to be following the mission goals on some maps I had not seen before. There is one where the Entente goes after a number of ground targets and the Centrals defend. everything is set fairly close together so it doesn't take too long to follow the action and head for the most recently destroyed target and find some trade. I was flying the SE5a which of course is not a good turn fighter.

Sorry I missed you as I was on the CFC ts server as well.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

I've been on WG tonight as well (2200 - 0000 GMT).  Shot down five times and one kill.  Was flying with a couple of NW guys on their TS

CFC_Conky

Had a much better day on WG yesterday Ted, bagged a Dr1, DVII and some two-seater thing and 'died' only twice. Like you, I usually fly the SE5a, but yesterday I decided to give the Spad XIII another try and I have to admit, I think I like it more; it feels like it climbs and maneuvers a bit better, visibility is good enough, and the two-gun configuration is very useful. Oh, and it's pretty fast too. I think it will be my kite of choice for the time being.

Pip, pip,
Cocky

=CfC=Father Ted

Well done Conkers.  I saw you on but it was too late for me I'm afraid.  Will give the Spad a go.  Certainly the fire power seems more inviting than the old SE.

CFC_Conky

Hi Ted,

Strange, the WG stats don't reflect what I actually shot down (credit in chat), but what the heck, it's just a game. I was on last night for a bit and flew with Capt. Teddy Bear. As you probably know, he's an SE5a diehard so I switched; he gave me some good tips on flying the SE and we terrorized the fellows on other side of the hill  ;). I now see that that the SE retains energy better, is a bit faster but the Spad climbs a lot better.

Pip, pip,
Conky

CFC_Conky

Shall be roofing for a bit this morning (here) Ted, before going to work  8).

CFC_Conky

I shall try to RoF a bit today Ted.

CFC_Conky

Had a pretty good day on Wargrounds today, bagged two human-controlled two-seaters with my trusty SE5a and my accuracy is just under 18%. The day before I managed to get one while flying a DVII on the Channel map.

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Father Ted

CFC_Conky

Great roofing today Ted, I wonder if we should take up a Dolphin with all the extra guns when flying on the Bruay map, given the difficulty in shooting down the Gothas. Ballon guns perhaps?

Pip, pip,
Conky

CFC_Conky

I shall be on TS this morning if anyone wants to d a little roffing.

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: CfC_Conky on October 01, 2016, 02:40:16 PM
I shall be on TS this morning if anyone wants to d a little roffing.

Pip, pip,
Conky

I did go on evening my time, but you, alas, were elsewhere.

CFC_Conky

Hi BD,

Unfortunately, I had to go run some errands around 1900GMT and didn't get back for a couple of hours.

A la prochaine fois!

Conky