Win 10 for IL2?

Started by =CfC=Woof, November 06, 2015, 03:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

I'm bleeding from the eyeballs and ears, but I stuffed in Win 10.  Very easy and, apart from having to reset a few flight controls, IL2 is just fine.  I did notice that the water seems a little less active than usual.  My config has it at 1.   I tried 4 but that didn't help.  Pacific Islands map.  Any thoughts?

I took the hint from Bluey, thanks, Mate, and lowered my size to 100%.  No arrow problems, but I am going to have to teach one of my dogs to read everything for me.

Thanks for the encouragement, chaps.

:-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Woof

BTW, Bluey's arrow problem still exists.  Works fine at 100%, disappears at 125%...

=CfC=BlueDog

=CfC=Woof

She was only a fisherman's daughter but she reeled when she...

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: =CfC=Woof on November 13, 2015, 10:20:26 PM
BTW, Bluey's arrow problem still exists.  Works fine at 100%, disappears at 125%...

My laptop with W10 and Chrome loaded is able to zoom normally....it could be the new browser,.....I think it is called "Silk"....a bit buggy at the moment.

Bounder :-\

=CfC=Woof

I'm using Chrome, Bounder.  I have Silk in my pad and it's very smooth.  But the arrow thingie is no big deal.  I'm just more of a squint than ever.

Won't be able to make it today.  Sorry.  Hoping for Tuesday.

:-*

=CfC=Bounder

OK....first issue with windows 10:-

As I indicated above.....I downloaded and upgraded my Samsung notebook to windows 10 for my sister to use. Here is the history:-

- Initial install and upgrade of W10 went well
- Completed a "Reset" to clear all files and provide a clean install.
- Downloaded and re-installed all Samsung software to be able to use keyboard assigned functions etc.
- Found that the new browser "Silk" was freezing  webpages for a considerable time before being able to scroll. This is a known issue with low end machines (32bit). Forums suggested installing "Chrome"
- Chrome worked well
- After four sessions....on opening Chrome, the screen froze with a message saying "Uninstall Chrome".
- Since the whole computer froze, switched it off and tried a re-boot.
- Now....the dreaded "Recovery screen" appears. This requires a recovery disk to be inserted to fix the issue before Windows re-boots.
- Here is the issue......as the machine has only been used a handful of times....we have not created a "Recovery USB". (There is no CD drive so USB stick of 8GB is needed)

Microsoft are helping me with this issue but the important issue for all that use Chrome is to note the above. Internet is full of issues with Windows 10 and Chrome. Google are working to resolve them.

Do make a Recovery disk.....as soon as you can! An 8GB USB does the job.

Bounder :o ::) :-[