Forum Changes!!!!

Started by =CfC=Fitz, October 25, 2015, 09:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Fitz

Hi Chaps,

Looks like the version of forum software I have been using has reached the end of it's update process. There is a newer version but it will mean some changes to the forum. I'll try and get things up and running and back to normal asap.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Bounder

Thanks Fitz........do hope you can get back into flying again when you get a new stick.......we have been averaging 3 to 4 CfC chaps on the SAS server Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Some good missions but no old fashioned DF.

Bounder :)

=CfC=Fitz

Thanks Bounder, looking forward to it as soon as I have some spare cash. Sadly I am now having internet problems with Virgin as well. I'm presuming it's either over utilisation or perhaps issues caused by the upcoming upgrade but my evening and weekend internet speeds are dreadful and unstable. I was only getting 750kbps yesterday! As it's fine during the day I'm guessing they are over subscribed in my area.

I keep grumbling at them but they just keep saying there are no faults and everything should be fine so I may need to change providers :(

Hoping for some good luck for once,

Fitz

=CfC=Fitz

The upgrade appears to have gone fairly smoothly, other than the colour scheme for the post reply section!! Let me know if you have any problems chaps and I'll look into it. For now may have to change the forum scheme as it isn't really compatible with the latest version.

Edit - Sorry chaps, had to change the scheme as I was unable to read anything on the admin pages and various functionality elements of the new forum software wouldn't work with it. Found a flight simmy theme for now. Let me know what you think.

=CfC=Bounder

Looks good Fitz.......changing the picture from a Hornet back to the Spit should more or less finish the job.

Bounder :)

CFC_Conky

Hello Chaps!

I like the new look Fitz, well done!  8)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

I like the new look, Fitz, but be advised the ILS button doesn't work, the gen button holds nothing new, the nose wheel steering drags to the left and the APU caught fire.  The fire handle came off in my hand.  Please fix the eject button.  :-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...

John Cartwright

Yes, thanks for your hard graft Fitz
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC= Ax

Wow Fitz, just logged on to find a very modern feel to your boards. What forum software are you using? The reason I ask is that I've just created a work in progress board myself using MyBB.

http://flankerdude.com/portal.php

=CfC=Fitz

Hi Axion,

I use Simple Machines Forum software:

http://www.simplemachines.org/

There was no specific reason other than I looked at a few and SMF seemed the simplest to use and didn't require lots of paid add ons or to have to bundle it with web hosting etc.