Shot down Plank today on Aces Falling server

Started by CFC_Conky, September 16, 2015, 07:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

His posts on the RoF forum drive me nuts!  :D

Next on my list, Kimmy_Yeager... ;)

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

Congrats, but from what I've read about Plank's flying, I'm thinking the words "...candy from a baby" for a man of your talents ...Ditto for Kimmy apparently, though I've yet to meet either of them in MP  AFAIK.  Their posts don't bother me that much, really.  BSR is the one I struggle with, even though I quite often agree with the points he makes.

I've joined in a few debates on those forums but don't have the zeal of a lot of those guys to keep on flogging the dead horses.  In fact, some of the time that forum puts me in mind of the common room of a retirement home where everyone talks over everyone else about stuff that nobody else has any interest in.

Anyhoo, my own form on NW has been atrocious recently, so who am I to chat b'locks?

CFC_Conky

Hi Ted,

He's actually not that bad but he made the mistake of trying to turn fight in a N28 against my Hanriot HD.1. He was doing a pretty good job bobbing and weaving between some factory smoke stacks, but I got him in the end.

I think the Hanriot is my new favourite ride; It's fast for a rotary and doesn't display their weird characteristics. The nose doesn't wander around too much in a turn and it can turn left fairly well. The visibility is no worse that the Spad's and if you raise your head you can see all around. you can add an overawing Lewis for more firepower but the single gun does a pretty good job. It does much better against the Albatross. I was able to shoot down a couple of DVa's on Aces Falling and Wargrounds today

We should try them out one day when we're both online.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Glad to see CFC holding their own in RoF.
I also see that Conky gave Jerry a right spanking in the Tante Jus over at SAS with a Condor as the cherry on top  :)
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Quote from: BalDaddy on September 17, 2015, 02:14:54 PM
Glad to see CFC holding their own in RoF.
I also see that Conky gave Jerry a right spanking in the Tante Jus over at SAS with a Condor as the cherry on top  :)

Yup, got nine 52's in one go with a Hurri IIC, and in the next added a Condor and He-111  8).

=CfC=Father Ted

Well with the ole Hurri IIc you're practically cheating!  Seriously though, that represents some pretty good shooting - not many rounds in those 20mm.

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on September 17, 2015, 10:24:54 PM
Well with the ole Hurri IIc you're practically cheating!  Seriously though, that represents some pretty good shooting - not many rounds in those 20mm.

If you can hit something in RoF, IL2 is dead easy  8).

Sorry I missed you in Wargrounds today Ted, for some reason the master server wouldn't let me log into the game.

Pip, pip,
Conky

CFC_Conky

Holy crap, I shot down J5_Ice Age today! He's quite a talented player and has downed me numerous times. I was in an N11 and he in a Halberstadt D.II. Pure dumb luck on my part I should think!  :D

Pip, pip,
Conky

John Cartwright

Probably my favourite plane the Halb, well able to take anything contemporary on offline. But considering the actions of the AI that's nothing to rate it by.
Also like the Sikorsky S16, even though it looks like something my mum used to push me around in as a baby.
Wizard prang (or rather the German equivalent) anyway Conks, downing an Ace like that!
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Thanks BD, I suspect J5 is less experienced in the Halb than in his usual kites - AlbVa, DR1 and DVII. Luckily, I was able to raise the Lewis guns (I had 2) and shot him from below as he was able to stay above me. I think many players underestimate the danger of the upper wing mounted Lewis mg.

Pip, pip,
Conky