Prop swinging failed!

Started by =CfC=Bounder, August 13, 2015, 08:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

I tried to get my copy of ROF to start including a huge update but am getting a file error. I think this happened when I moved everything to Windows 7 and my new machine.

I guess I'm in for a complete re-install! Will have to wait for another day I'm afraid.

Bounder ???

=CfC=Bounder

Carried out a complete re-install and it all seems to work although I have no idea what buttons to press!

Perhaps one of you chaps could spend half an hour on TS one evening to teach me the basics?

Bounder ;D ::)

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

I'll give you a hand if I can, will be away on the boat this week but will try to be on ts tomorrow. Ted is our other resident Roffer and he knows more than I do about the game.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

Further to my last, you'll want to map the following keys in your controller setup:

1) Engine start
2) Mixture
3) Radiator
4) Throttle blip
5) Fire all guns
6) Charge guns

This should get you started. On some aircraft you need to set the mixture to full rich in order for the engine to start; once the engine is running, lean the mixture by about 10% (mixture is represented by a bar graph). You won't need to adjust it much after that.

I highly recommend un-selecting 'simple gauges', they are very annoying and you'll still have the compass and engine parameter displays.

I'll try to be on ts between 1600Z~1900Z tomorrow if you feel like having a go.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Thanks Conky........I will try and join you but I expect it will be 1700Z.

Bounder

John Cartwright

Am I being more dense than usual, but I can't find a way to increase the size of the in-game map?
When one is on 'Wargrounds' all indicators are an indecipherable jumble at default scale.

I have .png files of all the Western Front maps on my laptop for basic navigation.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Quote from: BalDaddy on August 18, 2015, 12:07:14 PM
Am I being more dense than usual, but I can't find a way to increase the size of the in-game map?
When one is on 'Wargrounds' all indicators are an indecipherable jumble at default scale.

I have .png files of all the Western Front maps on my laptop for basic navigation.

Hi BD,

To change the map size, you need to activate the 'widgets' function, there is a key assigned to it but you can also bring them up by clicking the right mouse button. This frees up the mouse; put the cursor over the map then use the scroll wheel, if you have one, to re-size the map.

Pip, pip,
Conky

John Cartwright

Thanks Conky; I am not the sharpest knife in the box on teccy thingummies; I'm an artist for God's sake :)
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

CFC_Conky

Hello all,

I had a look at the RoF manual today and this is what you do to change the size of the map:

The map defaults to the small one in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen; right click the mouse to free up the mouse cursor, then put it on the map and double-left click to its original full-screen size. Double-left click again to make it smaller. Use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in-out.

Oh, and another thing, Lshft A is the level autopilot; very useful for cruising around as the kite will stay straight and level no matter the power setting and all you have to do is move the controls to take back control.

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Father Ted

Cheers Conky - saved me having to RTFM!

CFC_Conky

I am but your humble servant Ted ;D

P.S. I've learned how to do all that recon stuff too!  8)

It's actually a well written manual, unusual these days.

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CFC=Glue

hello chaps,.. i got a question.

what is  SG?

and RoF

?

thank yiu!

hot on your tail....whoops your tail's'gone..

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CFC=Glue on August 19, 2015, 06:23:26 AM
hello chaps,.. i got a question.

what is  SG?

and RoF

?

thank yiu!

Hi Glue,

I'm not sure what SG is, but RoF is Rise of Flight, an excellent WWI flight sim. If you like biplanes then RoF is for you, if your computer is powerful enough.

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Father Ted

My better half will be out for the next couple of evenings,  so I'll be available to swing somebody's prop (er, I mean...) up til about 2030 GMT.

=CfC=Bounder

OK Ted.....I'll try a prop swing but not until around 1845Z

Bounder