What's in your Hangar?

Started by =CfC=Fitz, September 05, 2013, 11:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Hmmmm,

Freelancer or Hornet?
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Gizmo

Quote from: CfC_Conky on April 22, 2014, 06:17:04 PM
Hmmmm,

Freelancer and Hornet?

Fixed that for you Conky old bean  8)

=CfC=Fitz

If you can only afford one, go for the hornet. Gizmo and I both have freelancers and there are already more multiplayer ships in the squad than players.

I believe it has also been mentioned that with a fleet hanger, we can allow access to ships to other members. Also as I only have multiplayer ships so far, I'll always be needing a crew!

I'll offer promotions to anyone loaning me a hornet, hint hint.....

CFC_Conky

You're killing me Gizmo!  :D :D :D :D :D

Luckily I'm not the sort that lets need get in the way of want ;)

I was just thinking about the 'business' aspect of the game, and though I might need a 'wide-body' transport in addition to the 'narrow-body' ones already in my hangar, to use an airline expression.

Holy crap, I though my Wing Commander tumor was in remission, but it's obviously spread to my wallet!!! :P

Don't worry Fitz, you can have a spin in the 325. Best to keep the CO happy  ;).

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Gizmo

Quote from: CfC_Conky on April 23, 2014, 12:20:40 AM
You're killing me Gizmo!

Nah uh, I'm thinking The Admiral will probably do that when she discovered how ill your wallet has become.

Mine 'dropped' behind the sideboard so Ms. Gizmo wouldn't see how emaciated it had become. I wanted to spare her that pain  ::)

CFC_Conky

Quote from: Gizmo on April 21, 2014, 06:29:25 PM
I'm afraid my courage failed and I don't visit the forums anymore. The high level of trolling and immaturity finally did for me.

:D :D :D

I agree Gizmo, the folks on those forums are a weird bunch, very enthusiastic mind you, I hope their parents can lock the basement door from upstairs  ;).

Some are so into this that I can see SC being one of those games where players will begin to take on the persona of their game characters irl, at least on weekends and they probably already costumes hanging in their closets alongside their Star Trek, Star Wars and anime getups, eagerly waiting for the next convention  ::), and with the ability to be a member of either sex, you just know it's only a matter of time before players will want to, ummm, errr, interact with each other, as they do in the game Second Life. I don't play that one by the way but I did see an interesting documentary on players a while ago. Not only did some of them play 12+ hours a day, they would actually develop relationships with other virtual characters, including virtual sex, which landed more than a few in real life divorce court. How long do you think it will take until someone tries to do it with one of the aliens? Ick  :P

Makes shooting chaps in their parachutes quite quaint by comparison  :D.

Pip, pip,
Conky

Gizmo

A more, um, interactive social developement within the game has been requested quite some time ago. Ranging from people simply wanting skimpy spacesuits to gay and alien relationships.

There will certainly be those who will live the game.

For me, sitting in my IL-2 hat is quite sufficient.

CFC_Conky

Quote from: Gizmo on April 23, 2014, 08:19:36 PM
A more, um, interactive social developement within the game has been requested quite some time ago. Ranging from people simply wanting skimpy spacesuits to gay and alien relationships.

There will certainly be those who will live the game.

For me, sitting in my IL-2 hat is quite sufficient.

Indeed.

=CfC= Ax

Mmm.. definitely staying away from those forums.

=CfC=Father Ted

In the case of SC, I suspect the path to the divorce courts will start with the comment, "HOW MUCH??!!!"

=CfC= Ax

Utter madness I know, still don't know what possessed me to invest of few hundred bucks on a bunch of pixels? Seemed like a good a idea at the time, me lord.  ::)

=CfC= Ax

This vid was quite impressive given that these ships are pretty much statics ATM.

FYI I believe the 'Goons' are long time griefers originating from EVE Online? Their intention is to cause as much disruption as possible within the verse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGUYS1m5mY

Gizmo

As you say nice video considering what he's got to work with.

Unfortunately with Ms Gizmo talking in one ear, the cat squeeking for attention in the other and a wheel that keeps falling off my chair I didn't understand the reference to the Goons.

As for the Goons and SC, the player base is only going to be 10% of the universe. They could try blockading the homeworlds I suppose. I don't see them being any more of a problem than all the other 'badass' pirate wannabee groups.

CFC_Conky

=CfC= Ax

One of the DCS guys posted his hangar vid. I might add, that this does not include his other purchases such as - Idris, Starfarer's, M50, 890 Jump and Scythe etc as they are not currently in game.

Believe he has 'collector's itch' or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_10PJ2NJnR0&feature=youtu.be