What's in your Hangar?

Started by =CfC=Fitz, September 05, 2013, 11:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Thanks Gizmo, I think I'll wait then

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

I'v got deja vue all over me...

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=Woof on November 19, 2013, 01:27:25 AM
Did Buck Rogers have LTI?

:D :D :D

I heard a rumour that there will a 'Galactic IRS' to deal with as well Woof.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Gizmo

Quote from: =CfC=Woof on November 19, 2013, 01:27:25 AM
Did Buck Rogers have LTI?

I hope so since the first thing he did in the original story was prang into a mountain top.

=CfC=Fitz

Thinking if melting my Aurora and Avenger and getting a Freelancer package and a Cutlass, what do you think?

Gizmo

If you've got the readies available Fitz I would say do it.

It's a more versatile package but you'll lose a fighter. But then the Avenger isn't a turn'n'burn so the Cutlass with 16 thrusters, though heavier, might outperform it there. Possibly has more range too.
I would be reluctant to lose the Avenger just because I think it's so pretty. (And possibly fastest of the non racers?)
The Freelancer will return more on trade runs and be more configurable than the Aurora.

Now would be a good time to change, gets you past the cooldown for melting if you should see something on Monday you must have. Xi'an Scout maybe  ::)

As an aside, I had 2 S/Hornets in the hangar yesterday, I had to draw on the full power of the Force to click the melt button on one of them. They looked so nice together.

=CfC=Fitz

Well I figure that the Cutlass has got to be at least a competent dog fighter. Spec wise it's very similar to the Hornet. Yes it's heavier by 1/3 but it has twice the thrust and twice the manouvering thrusters. Weapon wise, it's only 1 class 2 less than the hornet and you have 3 times the upgrade slots and a bit of cargo space. It also allows some boarding actions if I ever feel the need.

I still keep considering the superhornet, but I think the Cutlass/Freelancer combo will allow a much broader option of roles than any other pair.

With regards to the Freelancer, I'm hoping there will be a variant coming up shortly that I really must have.....

Gizmo

Cutlass is in the hangar and the Avenger is now rear entry.

CFC_Conky

Sorry Chaps, couldn't help myself  ;D

CFC_Conky

Ok Chaps,

What should go into my hangar next, Origin 325A or Avenger?

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Fitz

Personally, I'm quite taken with the Avenger. From what little we know, the 300 series seem to be more turn and burn whilst the Avenger is more Boom and Zoom. It's all pure speculation at this point though.

If you want a pure dogfighter though you might want to take a look at the Hornet.....

=CfC= Ax

Yes, hornet FTW! It's a pure single seater fighter. None of your fancy leather chairs or drinks cabinet, it has a ruddy great big ball turret!

CFC_Conky

Hi Chaps,

I was perusing the SC website, mulling over my next ship purchase when it came to me that to a much greater extent than BoS, SC is still pretty much vapourware. Sure, you can look at your ships in your hangar and they are showing all sorts of concept ships that will be available sometime, but the game is still, well, vapour.

And they have almost $43 mil in the bank.

Now I'm not saying that SC is a scam, far from it, but I'm thinking they have enough money up front from the player base (435,000+), time for them to produce something.

Of course, after a few drinks I always want to pick up a ship or three... :D

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Fitz

I think the biggest problem on releasing stuff so far (and this is only personal opinion) is that the 'supporters' bitch over the tiniest thing. There is hell to pay after every comment or release of anything and so we get a lot less info and in progress updates than we used to.

Combine this with much greater media interest and they seem to have made the decision to make things much more polished than a normal alpha before they dare release anything. As we are getting very early access, I think it's a bit much to say they ought to produce something now. For a normal alpha, you wouldn't get anything until much closer to release.

In Conky terms, if you went to work and found you had an engine problem but half the passengers were demanding immediate take off, would you?

=CfC= Ax

Check out the PAX East event footage if you haven't already seen it. The more interesting stuff that wasn't shown during the event, is staged from around the 25 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3WxpO4jW0