Florida hijinks

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, October 02, 2013, 10:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

Is this BB practicing his Mme Fifi's landings, or what Woof has been up to whilst AFK?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24361196

John Cartwright

Well the lights weren't on and the flaps weren't jammed so it won't be BB.
Probably Woofers lost having not read the brief again.
Certainly not be because it would be spread all over the place after one of my inept landing attempts
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

Hmmmm.....flat country.......not many landmarks........lost?.....land and read the road signs......open a cowling....fiddle with something....take-off and go home for tea and crumpet?....or should that read crumpets?

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on October 04, 2013, 09:01:22 AM
Hmmmm.....flat country.......not many landmarks........lost?.....land and read the road signs......open a cowling....fiddle with something....take-off and go home for tea and crumpet?....or should that read crumpets?

Bounder ;D

Hmmmmm indeed; in Florida there is a VOR every then feet and every pilot carries a hand-held gps unit...on top of the gps-enabled navigation display in their kites which includes full moving maps, weather overlay and 'synthetic view', a nifty little thing that allows one to fly in the dark, or clouds, and still see a digital representation of the terrain ahead of the aircraft.

Plus it's VFR all the time...

The pilot probably uttered the two most dangerous words in aviation: 'Watch this'  :D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

You are right Conky....I was just reliving something I have always wanted to do!

Bounder ;D