So many campaigns, so little time...

Started by CFC_Conky, January 04, 2011, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Now that we have some new aircraft in 4.10, it opens up a few more possibilities for campaigns. The flyable I-15 will make SCW campaigns a bit more fun although we are still lacking proper aircraft for the Nationalist side, i.e the early LW stuff and some of the Italian kites.

The addition of the CW-21 will be handy for making a "forlorn hope" campaign for the Dutch Air Force (KNIL), where we can go up against the LW in the supposedly fixed Fokker D.XXI and then try our luck against the Japanese in some '42 SEA missions with the Curtiss.

The Hs129 will make life difficult for Russian tanks and other vehicles and make a nice target for our '43-'44 Eastern Front prangs, specifically, Kursk and the Soviet counter-offensive in the Orel sector in late July '43.

I'm going to be busy... ;)

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Treiber

It's an improvement for SCW campaigns, to be sure.  But the I-15bis' stall habits are no better.  CW-21B is delightful to fly, though. :)  Haven't tried the 4.10 version of the Hs 129 yet.

Well, Conky, UP 2.01 does have flyable I-15s, including earlier variants which have much better handling than the I-15bis.  It also has the Bf-109B-2 and the CR.32, as well as the I-16 Type 10. (Yes, I really want a SCW campaign ::))
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

CFC_Conky

Tally Ho Treiber!

You are correct on all counts old bean, UP offers a much better array of aircraft for campaigns, however, our Sunday coops are flown 'vanilla' at the moment.

You are more than welcome to join us, we fly against the ai but you never know, an inter-squad campaign could be a possibility.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Treiber

Well, good chap, if you ever make an SCW campaign, you could substitute the CR.42 in for the CR.32, and the B-534 for the He 51.  The 109 is a trickier issue, as the E-4 (standing in for the E-3) would show up very late, in December '38.  And also, there were several I-16 Type 10s that were modified with more powerful engines in September 1938 that you could represent with I-16 Type 18s.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

CFC_Conky

True enough, now all I have to do is convince the ai 109 pilots to not use their 20mm canons and we're all set  :D.

The current model of Stuka is fine and I'm pretty sure we can fit a Gladiator in somewhere. In any case, the SCW is a few campaigns down the road for me.

Pip, pip,
Conky

Treiber

Also, are you planning to fly another campaign with us?  ;) Our campaign with 69.=GIAP= resumes this week, and if there are no delays it should be over in 2 weeks from Saturday.

5./JG27Farber

Black 1
Rudolf Farber