The Lastest Steam Patch and some Observations

Started by Badgerton Smedly, May 23, 2011, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badgerton Smedly

Tally Ho Gents

Well the lastest patch has been released and the Hot Fix that followed it, and the effect on the whol has been good.  The Dev's have been trying to fix some fundamental flaws in the build including how the full screen mode works.  This dictates how memory is used in Windows apparently. 

Well, it's there, but have noticed that some aspects of the in-game rendering is a bit unstable.  Flying close to the water, I was actualy underneath some grass for a second at one point and the mirror in the Hurri did appear and disappear at one point too.  I have to say that this journey of issues and fixes seems very similar to the pre Forgotten Battles version of IL-2.....

The stability of the rendering could have had something to do with the load I was putting on the CoD engine itself.  Palmtree would love this one; The Quick Mission selection released with the last patch means that you can select many more AC, so wanting to depict a true BoB raid I set up 106 AC (any more and they collied) over the Channel map and then jumped in my Spit IIa to toil with the Boche!!  There was only minitmal stuttering, which I was impressed with especailly when considering that there were plenty of airfield objects on the large map too. 

What is still an annoying IL-2 feature is that the certain levels of AI still know when you're about to line up on them!!!!  >:(

I'll try some other tests this evening.

Badger Out

=CfC=Father Ted

I must say I haven't noticed an improvement in performance after the patch/hofix - in fact it seems slightly more graphically glitchy.  Playable but slightly irritating.  I still have my wobbly Freetrack issue, but I haven't made a concerted effort to look into that.  In terms of gameplay the AI planes seems to be incredibly manouverable, with a particularly high rate of roll, compared to IL2.  Once everything's settled down I'd be interested to see how other aircraft perform with human pilots at the controls

=CfC=BlueDog

After the patch and hotfix the prop pitch for the BF109 works in reverse! :o

Cool!