TS3 problems

Started by =CfC=Bounder, May 11, 2011, 09:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Looks like others are getting problems with the latest TS3 client download.

I'm getting choppy and repeated voice even with just the test function on "Playback" in the Options menu. Have tried all settings of echo reduction and various settings on my Creative software but it still persists.

Others have already posted on the TS forum so we will see what happens.

Incidentally, I managed to fix the "error in capture" message on my mic with the new software by completely removing the TS3 software and re-installing.

So now I'm at the point where capture and playback test but with choppy and terrible repeated echo.........very frustrating!

Bounder ::)

=CfC=Bounder

With no response from TS over this issue which seems to be affecting Windows XP SP3 users, I re-installed the older version which has always worked and "Bingo" all is fine and dandy again.

If anyone else has echo/chop/repeated voice problems with this new version, you can download the older version which was current until yesterday from here:-

http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de/ts3/releases/beta-36/

Bounder ;D :) ::)

Gizmo

Hmm, I learnt long ago to be wary of downloading patches and updates as soon as they appear.
Much better to wait a week or two and see how others are getting on.

CFC_Conky

I've downloaded the newest version of TS3 and it works, huzzah! (WinXP32)

The TS3 overlay however, does not  >:(

How did you chaps get it going?

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Hi Conky,

The overlay did not work when I downloaded the new TS3 client but with some fiddling around I have got it working.

- Click on Settings...then Plugins...then Direct X plugin
- Click on the settings tab on this new screen
- Tick the box for "Enforce loading"
- Also tick the following.....Enable Direct3D 8, Enable Direct3D 9 and Enable OpenGL. Do not tick 3D 10 or 11.

This worked on my setup but if I remember rightly it did not work immediately but after a few tries.

Bounder ;D

=CfC= Binks

Hmmm. Having a few problems with TS3 too. Keep getting a message that pasword is invalid.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Fitz

sure you have all the right details? and remember there are no capital letters.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC= Binks

Don't appear to have a box to pop the port number in. Might be a corrupted download.

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC=Fitz

just do as you would an IL2 server address and put a ':' between the ip and the port.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Father Ted

Also occurred to me that we may have had a couple of updates on TS3 since you last used it, Binks - don't know if that might be an issue.  Great to almost see you this evening!

Edit: just looked at TS3.  I just recently made a new connection, which didn't ask for a port, and as you said there's nowhere to put one in.  So not a corrupted download.  Like Fitz said, maybe just enter xx.xxx.xxx.xx:xxxxx in the address box

=CfC= Binks

Quite right Fitz and Ted. Added the port to the end, and connected immediately. Talk to you later I hope!

HE Lord Binks.