Update 2.008

Started by CFC_Conky, March 03, 2017, 04:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

FW 190, He-111H-6 and La-5 with M-82F engine now available, some ai tweaks. Haven't downloaded it yet but will when I get back home.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

The main gripe of the RoF community is that the game is "dead" - ie no further development seems likely.  However, I find that quite reassuring.  It means that I have a product which I know and understand.  The Rofverse may have many issues, but it's a stable place with its own (now apparently immutable) "laws of nature".  The BoSverse, on the other hand, changes every few months.  I don't think I've tried out 2.007 yet, or seen how it's buggered up my controls, and now we're onto 2.008.

In theory the continual improvements are great, but I find I'm waiting for them to end, so that I can learn BoS, without having to re-learn bits of it two or three times a year.

CFC_Conky

Hi Ted,

The last couple of updates have been quite benign so I think they may have solved the control issue althoguh it's always a good idea to back up your settings.

As mentioned in the RoF forum, the current crop of sims have a long, steep learning curve. The offline content is slim and online, new players face to prospect of quick death by all the experienced players and as you say, one might never get good enough at RoF et al to be able to take off and survive more than a few minutes, let alone shoot anyone down.

A more robust offline campaign might help, but these days younger players tend to gravitate to online games and there are probably not enough old farts like me around to make the effort pay off.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.