Surely it's not last orders?

Started by =CfC= Ax, August 09, 2013, 12:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC= Ax

Did you hear that chaps, the boss is in town? I'd better bull those shoes, straighten that tie and iron my mustache. Don't want to be put on sandwich making duties again.

John Cartwright

Should be a few of us on tonight, mebbe Woof will have things sorted hopefully as well
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC= Ax

grav·i·ty 
/ˈgravitÄ"/
Noun

The force that attracts a body toward the center of the earth, or toward any other physical body having mass. For most purposes Newton's...
The degree of intensity of this, measured by acceleration.

terra fir·ma  (fûrm)
n.
Solid ground; dry land.
[New Latin : Latin terra, earth + Latin firma, feminine of firmus, solid.]

in·com·pe·tent  (n-kmp-tnt)
adj.
1. Not qualified in legal terms: a defendant who was incompetent to stand trial.
2. Inadequate for or unsuited to a particular purpose or application.
3. Devoid of those qualities requisite for effective conduct or action.

Mix the above, give it a shake and... voilà!

Pretty much sums up this evenings flight. ::)

But you know what chaps.... taking a large draw on a Hamlet.... I'm certainly not giving up!

John Cartwright

Well you were up against some split-arse top-notch 'flyers' in this lot; let not the banter and bufoonery fool you. They are all  steely eyed killers. (Not me, as you may have noticed :) )
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: BalDaddy on September 04, 2013, 11:57:49 AM
Well you were up against some split-arse top-notch 'flyers' in this lot.../quote]

Luxury!  In my early days we still had Gizmo and Silverback as well, not to mention Homuth dropping in from time to time (he really was lethal).

In all seriousness, though, experience does count for a lot in this game.  Not just for  flying ability, but also knowing the maps, knowing the planes, and even knowing the players (lot easier to assess a furball when you know who's defensive through TS-chatter)

I actually think the learning curve is one of the great things about CFSs -   not that I haven't been known to rage-quit the Chuffy's server on one or two occasions :-[.

=CfC= Ax

Next flight Thursday, tomorrow?

BTW, I'm pretty use to giving and more importantly receiving in flight orders, so don't be afraid to direct me as and when the situation requires.

Thanks chaps.

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on September 04, 2013, 03:18:03 PM
Quote from: BalDaddy on September 04, 2013, 11:57:49 AM
Well you were up against some split-arse top-notch 'flyers' in this lot.../quote]

Luxury!  In my early days we still had Gizmo and Silverback as well, not to mention Homuth dropping in from time to time (he really was lethal).

In all seriousness, though, experience does count for a lot in this game.  Not just for  flying ability, but also knowing the maps, knowing the planes, and even knowing the players (lot easier to assess a furball when you know who's defensive through TS-chatter)

I actually think the learning curve is one of the great things about CFSs -   not that I haven't been known to rage-quit the Chuffy's server on one or two occasions :-[.

And let us forget the ever-deadly Badger, a bit before your time FT, but a very, very good, (or bad, depending on the situation :D), opponent.

Look forward to flying with you chaps again, a couple of weeks or so.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Ax

Bravo Conky, see you in a couple of weeks.