Star Citizen [Fitz]

Started by Mak, April 09, 2014, 05:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=Fitz on April 11, 2014, 05:10:21 PM
Quote from: CfC_Conky on April 11, 2014, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: =CfC=Fitz on April 10, 2014, 07:43:33 PM
Don't forget to join FFC! Fitz's Flying Circus can be found in the organisation section on the site.

Done!

Application accepted!

Thanks Fitz,

By the way, how did I become a veteran all of a sudden?

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Mak

What Ho Conky

I'm thinking I should go for the larger case with Asus Z87-K for future upgradability as Fitz mentioned then. The extra cost means I'll have to put my old Radeon HD5450 in there for now. I'm only playing IL2 and wont need the extra ooomff untill SC comes out by which time I'll have the ready's to put some more RAM and a decent graphics card in too ;D.

Mak

CFC_Conky

Quote from: Mak on April 11, 2014, 08:53:59 PM
What Ho Conky

I'm thinking I should go for the larger case with Asus Z87-K for future upgradability as Fitz mentioned then. The extra cost means I'll have to put my old Radeon HD5450 in there for now. I'm only playing IL2 and wont need the extra ooomff untill SC comes out by which time I'll have the ready's to put some more RAM and a decent graphics card in too ;D.

Mak

Sounds like a good plan Mak  8). IL2 is not that demanding anymore and besides, because of it's code you can still get stutters even with the fastest cpu and gpu. As for SC, it might just work well enough with a decent cpu and low to mid-range gpu, depending on how they code it.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Fitz

Conky - You're a veteran because I'm the master and I said so  ;D

Mak - That's a better plan, If I had my really sensible hat on, I'd say wait as long as you can to upgrade your GPU as they are always releasing new cards and making the older ones cheaper. This time next year a Titan could be affordable......

Mak

That makes sense to me too Fitz. Thats what I'll do.
Ive applied for membership in the FFC but will have to wait to download and look around my Hangar untill I get more power.
I guess you guys are ready to try out the dogfight module, any news on release date.
On another note I played all the Wing Commander and Privateer+Freelancer way back then, loved them all but mostly Privateer. I cant believe I missed StarLancer!!! I'm going to have to look for that on ebay.

Mak

=CfC=Fitz

Application accepted! Welcome aboard.

DFM is any day now, probably next week some time.

I also played all the WC games and obviously loved privateer. I missed out on Privateer 2 and Starlancer but having tried to play privateer again recently I just couldn't get pas t the low res, awful graphics and naf sound etc. I have truly been spoilt by modern games!

CFC_Conky

Hi Chaps,

Starlancer was an AWESOME GAME! It's a bloody shame they never made a sequel or made it work in XP. Think IL2 in space.

Thanks for the rating Fitz, how come Gizmo gets to be a master? ??? ;)

Pip, pip,
Conky

Gizmo

Quote from: CfC_Conky on April 12, 2014, 06:48:22 AM

Pip, pip,
Conky

Coz Fitz wants to fly my Super Hornet  :D :D :D :D

=CfC=Fitz

Quote from: Gizmo on April 12, 2014, 09:54:18 AM
Quote from: CfC_Conky on April 12, 2014, 06:48:22 AM

Pip, pip,
Conky

Coz Fitz wants to fly my Super Hornet  :D :D :D :D

Basically....  ;)

CFC_Conky

Browsing the store, I can't believe someone investing over $10000 in this game won't get a piece of the action when it's done. Craaaaaaazy nerdy!

=CfC= Ax

^^ That is a little scary. :o

My final lineup, all with LTI:

- Aurora LN
- Origin 325a Fighter
- Origin M50 Interceptor
- F7C-M Super Hornet with F7A military upgrade
- MISC Starfarer Tanker
- RSI Constellation

Gizmo

To date

Cot
XI'AN Scout
Starfarer
Super Hornet
Freelancer
Constellation
Cutlass
Avenger
Electro skin hull.

The cot doesn't have LTI.

:-X

Mak

If you ever need a gunner Gizmo, I'm your man!!

Mak

=CfC=Father Ted

Mine....

X-wing
Tie Fighter
Tie Fighter extra evil black version
Nostromo
Capricorn One
Enterprise
Milllenium Falcon
Red Dwarf (and Starbug)

Gunner position available on the Falcon - but don't get cocky kid...

Mak

Who... Me... No way Dadio

Mak