Someone had better tell TD....

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, January 25, 2012, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Hogwash.......baldered ash....Cod's wallop...piffle and bunkum.....and this chap is a bounder and cad for trying to steal Bernoulli's theory.(1738....almost as old as Woof!)

When I built my first model a/c, a 6p (old pence!) chuck glider with a wing made of a square section flat piece of balsa, my maths teacher explained Bernoulli's theory to me...I didn't understand, as their was a rather attractive girl guide bending over in front of me at the time....but years later I have a grasp.....not of the girl guide you understand....but of the theory!

It requires no "shape"....but angle of attack to the airflow to make the pressure on the top wing reduce.....take an A4 piece of paper and blow over the top surface simulating the lowering of pressure achieved by the speeding up of the airflow.

The only case this bounder has is that with "0" angle of attack, an aerofoil shape will still produce lift.

Read about Bernoulli here:-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

This impostor needs to be dropped out of a Pitts Special with a symmetrical wing to make clear what aircraft are all about.

"Finals" Bounder ;D

=CfC=Palmtree

Quote from: =CfC=Bounder on January 26, 2012, 12:28:25 PM
Hogwash.......baldered ash....Cod's wallop...piffle and bunkum.....and this chap is a bounder and cad for trying to steal Bernoulli's theory.(1738....almost as old as Woof!)

When I built my first model a/c, a 6p (old pence!) chuck glider with a wing made of a square section flat piece of balsa, my maths teacher explained Bernoulli's theory to me...I didn't understand, as their was a rather attractive girl guide bending over in front of me at the time....but years later I have a grasp.....not of the girl guide you understand....but of the theory!

It requires no "shape"....but angle of attack to the airflow to make the pressure on the top wing reduce.....take an A4 piece of paper and blow over the top surface simulating the lowering of pressure achieved by the speeding up of the airflow.

The only case this bounder has is that with "0" angle of attack, an aerofoil shape will still produce lift.

Read about Bernoulli here:-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

This impostor needs to be dropped out of a Pitts Special with a symmetrical wing to make clear what aircraft are all about.

"Finals" Bounder ;D

I take it you don't agree Bounder?!  ;D
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC=Bounder

To be fair...and not be an absolute blaggard, I would agree for once with the Americans at NASA.......they support both of the well discussed means of obtaining lift and you can have a play with their model wing online:-

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/k-12/airplane/wrong1.html

Both Newton and Bernoulli are correct...but the shape thing is not the only way lift is generated and for that reason this impostor at Cambridge ought to go paddle his boat on the "Cam" and watch the water on both sides of his boat when pushing out sideways from the pier when pointing into current and at the front.

Bounder ::)

=CfC=Father Ted

Shoot me down in flames, if you want (and you often do) but I thought the Bernoulli Effect was about spinning balls rather than aerofoils

=CfC=Bounder

Ted.......

Click on the links I posted....discusses it in some detail. It is also unfortunately the only principle taught by the RAF (certainly until recent times) and flying schools and applies only to a conventional aerofoil section and not a symmetrical section where Newton's Law prevails.

I'm sure this will as usual create dissagreement....it has for generations. It remains the case that if you pull on your Saitek/CH the houses get smaller and if you push...they get bigger!

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on January 26, 2012, 10:12:44 PM
Shoot me down in flames, if you want (and you often do)

Just to make it clear that I meant literally (or, rather, virtually), not metaphorically :)

=CfC=Woof

Bounder, I don't mind my name being bandied about in re bent over girl guides, but I do resent the implication that I'm some sort of time lapse measurement for obviously ill thought out theories on what makes a bumble bee fly.  Or not.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

The truth:

Observe what happens when a bloodhound sticks his/her head out of a car window at speed.   His/her ears develop lift and rise.   QED.

=CFC=Buzzsaw

Your right BD, but Sam gets bugs in his mouth and his tongue flops around like a wet paintbrush!

I thought for sure he was trying to fly one day, turns out it was just a bumpy road.   :D

I think this guy is like so many youtubers, every one is trying to reinvent the wheel.   ::)