TracIR issues.

Started by =CfC=Paladin, February 11, 2011, 03:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Paladin

Chaps.

I could use a little input with an on-going battle with TracIR. First of all this is TracIR4 updated to the latest version with the vector expansion using the special antler with three reflective surfaces. If running IL2 4.10 in stock form it works very well . When running IL2 with the UP 2.01 mod active it will not work at all unless the Warbirds of Prey mod or one of the 6Dof exe's are active. I realize that 6Dof is all the rage but it doesn't suit me or my trifocals at least at this point in time. I was surprised it works at all as I had the apparently mistaken impression that it wouldn't work with the older versions of tracIr. So the question is have any of you chaps run into problems getting the older TracIR to work with UP 2.01 ?...I would love to do away with the 6dof for the time being at least.

Regards
Paladin

Some people are like "slinkies ". They're not really good for anything; but
they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of
stairs.

=CfC=Woof

Do you have your trackIR in conf.ini set to 1?

I'v got deja vue all over me...

Gizmo

Presumably it must be to work in 4.10.

To do away with 6dof start TIR and go to 'profile'.
click 'edit' box with the profile you use highlighted
click 'motion' tab
un-check X, Y and Z axis.

6dof should now be dead.

=CfC=Paladin

Thanks Chaps.
                          Actually I went in and altered the acceleration curves until I found something I could live with. Still retains a little of 6dof's advantages. The long term cure is going to be a trip to the eye doc to get a single magnification pair of glass's made matching the middle magnification area of my current pair of trifocals.

Regards
Paladin

Some people are like "slinkies ". They're not really good for anything; but
they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of
stairs.