Do you understand this?

Started by =CfC=Bounder, November 28, 2011, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Sometimes I think I understand a little about computers; but reading this response on the UP forum about a server issue, I now believe I know nothing at all!

"Celeron1 at a paid server? Sounds strange for me.
Anyway, virtualizing XP over a Linux system and use it as server is not a brilliant idea at all,
Better way is installing Wine as emu.
Also the using of a TS server could slow down the system (if its really true we are talking about an elder Celeron CPU)

The Kimsufi 2G seems to be good enough for using it as a server, but keep in mind that a cheap offer maibe hide some problems.
There is still a difference between Atom and a Celeron CPU and they don't tell exactly what they will use.
Also they don't say a word about how may cores the CPU have.
Also think if you want to use a statistics database the virtual server must be able to install and run MySQL as root.
"

Are you any better off after reading that? I hope like me it reminds me of this..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIS5n9Oyzsc

Bounder ::) ??? ::) >:( ;D

=CfC= Silverback

That video is hilarious. Thanks Bounder.

CFC_Conky

That poster needs to get out of his parents' basement more often  :D.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Perhaps it's modern RAF banter. ::)

dinosaurJR

I understand nothing...

That is, until it is either; a) painted PR Pink, b) hit repeatedly with a hammer, or c) explained to me at great length by Matron in her sing song bed time story voice...

So in this case, gents, I am more stumped than an amputation ward.

Looking forward ever so to tonight's little furball,

Pip pip and so on,

dinosaurJR
I have always believed that one is as old as one feels... However; I feel practically Cretaceous...