Hurricane equipped with cannon? ( in IL2 1946 )

Started by sadsack324, May 09, 2011, 10:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadsack324

G'day All,
              Just a query, in IL2 1946 has there been provision for cannon to be added to the Hurricane? Just messing around in the game ( not online) I've found the Hurricane pleasant to fly but lacks firepower. I'm hoping that in the "patched" version they have added cannons to it? Anyone know?

Cheers,

sadsack.

John Cartwright

Hurricane llc has cannon (standard list) only 6 seconds of ammo and slow rate of fire. Need to get in close to hit summat but what you hit stays well hit. Got to balance close enough to hit but far enough not to get embroiled in the ensuing conflagration.
Try one of these against something big like the Me323 gigant and have fun'
Alternatively, download UP 2.0 and there is the lld with some big buggers attached for your desert tank-busting pleasure.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

sadsack324

Quote from: BalDaddy on May 09, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
Hurricane llc has cannon (standard list) only 6 seconds of ammo and slow rate of fire. Need to get in close to hit summat but what you hit stays well hit. Got to balance close enough to hit but far enough not to get embroiled in the ensuing conflagration.
Alternatively, download UP 2.0 and there is the lld with some big buggers attached for your desert tank-busting pleasure.
Thanks Mr & Mrs Daddy's son "Bal", :D
                                                                 Cheers mate. ;) On this issue you wouldn't happen to know what calibre cannon they stuck on em do you? :) Also what A/C expected to confront in the Desert campaigns? :-\

Cheers and Thanks, 8)

sadsack.

sadsack324

Quote from: BalDaddy on May 09, 2011, 11:27:56 AM
Pardon my ignorance but wot's UP 2.0????

Gizmo

4 x 20mm Hispano I believe, same as the Tempest.

109, 110 and stukas so far. Don't know what PT might have up his sleeve to surprise us though  :D

UP 2.01 is the mod package we use as a squad.  I think a new version is about to be released soon so you may want to wait a bit before downloading.
I'm sure young Bounder will set you right with the exact date.

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?topic=1536.0

John Cartwright

Just to put you right Sadsack :) I'm the Daddy who is Bald but not the Daddy in the gaol parlance ("whose the Daddy?") but a father of four.
If you see what I mean
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

Hi Sadsack,

Re your other post......I'm another TR/IR user. I have the older ver. 4 like Gizmo but it also works with the latest Ver. 5 software.

As I'm half blind.....my settings are assymetric....wonderful software for if you have crook eyes like mine...certainly cant' recommend it enough.

As for UP 2.01.......wait at least a week and download UP3.0. We will use that on Thursday evenings as soon as it comes out. Meantime you can prepare for it by having a gawp at my post here:-

http://chuffysflyingcircus.net/cfcforum/index.php?topic=487.0

Bounder ;D