Chuffy's Cultural Activities

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, January 31, 2011, 10:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

Chaps, for Chuffy's cultural activities this year I've decided to put Morris Dancing on the backburner and concentrate on Cheese Rolling.

This year's Cheese Rolling event is to be a two-day spectacular taking place at the usual venue, Cooper's Hill, Glouchester on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 June 2011.   All members are expected to participate.   Woof will lead our team in his traditional lime green 'Borat' mankini gear.   See if you can spot him in the 2009 race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM

Training commences next Wednesday morning.   Matron will provide first aid as required.

=CfC=Bounder

Errrr....where is Glouchester?

Camilla will have you locked up in the Tower for defamation of the Royal County!

Do they roll cheese at Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill in Oz?

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on January 31, 2011, 10:04:05 AM
Chaps, for Chuffy's cultural activities this year I've decided to put Morris Dancing on the backburner and concentrate on Cheese Rolling.

This year's Cheese Rolling event is to be a two-day spectacular taking place at the usual venue, Cooper's Hill, Glouchester on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 June 2011.   All members are expected to participate.   Woof will lead our team in his traditional lime green 'Borat' mankini gear.   See if you can spot him in the 2009 race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM

Training commences next Wednesday morning.   Matron will provide first aid as required.

Thank you for the Captaincy, Blue Dog.  I accept with pleasure but must point out, however, that when training at home I've always worn 4" purple pumps.  I expect all team members to train thusly and am confident we will strut away as champions.  By the way, where do I get a passport  to Glouchester?

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Father Ted

I believe Glouchester could well be the Chuffy's Team's secret weapon in this contest: it is a fiendishly fast-rolling* hybrid of Gloucester and Cheddar cheeses.

Ted

*bit like me trying to turn in a Spitfire

=CfC=BlueDog

Damnation! >:( >:( >:(

How am I expected to run a proper cultural programme when they go and cancel this year's Cheese Rolling event!   SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!! >:( >:( >:(

And while we're on the subject of cultural activities: the Morris Dancing seems to have gone downhill since I handed over to BD1. :o :o   BD1, I know I said "freestyle" but I don't believe a conga line is in keeping with the 'straightness' of Chuffy's chaps.   Neither, I might add, is your Can-Can interpretation......Matron's finale rendered me temporarily blind; and caused Bounder to faint right away!

=CfC=Woof

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on June 06, 2011, 10:03:12 AM
Damnation! >:( >:( >:(

How am I expected to run a proper cultural programme when they go and cancel this year's Cheese Rolling event!   SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!! >:( >:( >:(

And while we're on the subject of cultural activities: the Morris Dancing seems to have gone downhill since I handed over to BD1. :o :o   BD1, I know I said "freestyle" but I don't believe a conga line is in keeping with the 'straightness' of Chuffy's chaps.   Neither, I might add, is your Can-Can interpretation......Matron's finale rendered me temporarily blind; and caused Bounder to faint right away!

Perhaps the afore mentioned mankinis and pumps should be de rigueur for the Conga Line.   It would do wonders for our 'straightness' image.

I'v got deja vue all over me...