Ashes Prediction

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, July 10, 2013, 11:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

Bit of a duff way to retain the urn.  Australia played the best cricket most of this match, and a win for them would have given England a kick up the backside for the next two matches.

=CfC=BlueDog

Bummer! :( :'(

I'll settle for 2/2.

=CfC=Father Ted

I'm not usually bullish about this, but...

No chance.  Cook and Trott can't keep failing, Pietersen and Bell are in form, and Root's ready to go again.  England will ditch Bresnan in favour of Graham Onions, who's in decent nick.  They'll also replace the nervous hitter who is Bairstow with a batsman in the (small) shape of James Taylor.

Michael Clarke's back will go, Ryan Harris is past his injury sell-by date, and Watto's got the hump because Warner opened.

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteMichael Clarke's back will go, Ryan Harris is past his injury sell-by date, and Watto's got the hump because Warner opened.

:o :o :D :D :D :'( :'(

=CfC=BlueDog

Bounder, is there a silicon tape skin available in IL2?   Thought I might try a couple of layers so that 'hits' won't be detected! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on August 09, 2013, 06:30:53 AM
Bounder, is there a silicon tape skin available in IL2?   Thought I might try a couple of layers so that 'hits' won't be detected! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This debate took an interesting turn this morning......after KP's fury at being called a cheat, the designer of Hotspot has revealed that there is a coating on some bats that changes the nature of the temperature sensitivity.

What a shame that we have now come to a technology war to add to a gentleman's game.

As for IL2.....I'm sure there are still online users that will add mods that affect there indestructibility....inevitable once the code was breached. It is indeed a sad character that resorts to this and fortunately here at CfC  we are a bastion of gentleman's rules....long may this continue and rub off on the younger generation brought up to accept any means to achieve their goals......did I really say that!.....I must be a genuine Old Farx!

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

I've had a quick read of the claims and I would say that it's a case of Hotspot not being able to cope with the conditions rather than any player deliberately trying to fox it.  Players have used tape to hold bats together for decades (I've got some on mine), so tape is part of the game rather than a cunning ploy to fool Hotspot.

Also, as KP pointed out, Hotspot is the batsman's friend when it comes to inside edges defeating LBW calls, so why risk losing that?

=CfC=BlueDog

Australia 2 fer not very many.   Stuff it, I'm going to bed!

=CfC=Father Ted

=CfC=BlueDog

Awoke at 2 am, turned on the TV and was pleasantly surprised to see the Poms were being handed a severe, well deserved and Matronly approved spanking.   May the Gods of the Willow bless you, Chris Rogers.

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Just one, Lord, just one.   Surely that's not too much to ask? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

=CfC=BlueDog

Don't see how the 'soft' English team can possibly win any more tests against the Aussie 'hard' men; for we are all rough and tough like this (typically) fine chap:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/fork-stuck-in-mans-penis-after-bizarre-sexual-mishap-20130819-2s5w2.html

John Cartwright

AwwwG! I bet we all crossed our legs reading that.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteJust one, Lord, just one.   Surely that's not too much to ask?

Thanks for nothing, Lord, thanks for nothing.   Well, at least it wasn't four/nothing - although it should have been. 

What a shambles!!!!!!!!