Trim in UP3.0

Started by =CfC= Binks, July 17, 2012, 12:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC= Binks

Been having a bit of a do with my joystick recently chaps. In UP 3.0, I have to trim down quite a lot to keep level flight. Net result is that I cannot pull a full elevator climb or turn, without trimming back up again, as the range of movement on the joystick doesn't allow it. In DF mode, this is a real pain, as the trim doesn't react quickly enough. Alternative is to fly with the stick pushed permanently forward, ??? to stay level, equally as much of a pain. Does anyone have any tips on how to counter this? The joystick is a Saitek Cyborg Evo force..

Pip pip.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

CFC_Conky

Does this happen with a particular aircraft or all of them Binks? I know the Spitfire had its trim settings changed with the 4.10 patch but
i haven't noticed it very much on the other kites.

Have you re-calibrated you stick recently? Pretty much all sticks acquire a bit of drift over time and need re-calibration from time to time. My CH kit requires it every few weeks.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC= Binks

Happens on all aircraft Conky, which has led me to believe it's the stick. Trying to re-calibrate, but apparently the software only works with Win XP, not 7. Looking for an update.

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC=Bounder

I say Binks old chap........presumably you have tried what Saitek offers on their support page here:-

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

The blurb talks about XP but you can select Windows 7 64bit in the box and presumably this should offer you the correct driver?

Hope you get it fixed!

Bounder :-\

=CfC= Binks

Thanks Bounder, got it. Will test it later today.

HE Lord Binks.