X52 Mapping

Started by =CfC= Binks, June 07, 2014, 06:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC= Binks

What ho chaps.

Bought myself an X52 joystick yesterday, and having no joy trying to map some of the controls into IL2.
Works fine with all the normal functions, but when I try to map the rotaries, sliders, hat switches etc into a profile, IL2 doesn't seem to recognise them, and I'm still stuck with the old keyboard inputs. Do I have to do something different to get the sim to recognise the joystick?

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Bounder

Long time since I did mine but if I remember you run the X52 software (icons in the task bar visible) then run IL-2 and open "Controls".

Go to "Hotas" at the bottom of the list and click on the control you want to assign then move the rotary you want to use. The axis should automatically appear on the line.

Do this for each rotary and then save by exiting the "Controls" GUI.

Hope this works for you.

Bounder

John Cartwright

Has been recommended on various forums to ignore the X52 profile setup and just use the game controls setup.
Worked for my X45 for years ok.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

Gizmo

I've never had any problems assigning controls in game as per Bounders post. Mind you I've never been one for different profiles though, 1 belt holds all my trousers up.

=CfC= Binks

Problem is, that in the IL2 controls, for example, I have the FOV set to the + and - keys on the numerical keyboard. If I map the keyboard keys to the slider on the joystick, which should be possible, then save the profile, nothing happens. Appears that the joystick is not picking up the keyboard inputs.
It also appears that when I create a profile, the Saitek software is creating and naming a folder but not recognising keyboard inputs either, so I can create all the required key inputs, and the software then tells me that the folder doesn't contain a profile.
Might have to reinstalll the drivers!

HE Lord Binks.

=CfC= Binks

Reinstall of the drivers seems to have done the trick.  :)

HE Lord Binks.