Craggy Island Airlines

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, August 29, 2012, 05:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

So here's me touching down yesterday at Duxford:

In the interests of truthful reporting I should say that I wasn't actually clutching the stick at this precise moment, but the man in the back had let me have a go at a few turns when we were at a safe altitude  ;D.

This was a surprise early birthday present from my lovely wife.  We also dragged the bored Tedlets round the various displays (some pics to be posted if there's interest) and watched the DH Rapide do its joy-riding circuits.  All in all  a grand day out!

Ted

=CfC= Binks

Award yourself a silk scarf immediately. Splendid stuff!

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

CFC_Conky

You didn't throw up on the poor fellow did you? ;D

Well done!
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

Excellent Ted.......I have great memories of flying with the Tiger Club at Headcorn (Kent). Glad you had a go in one of these.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

Ah, what a nice birthday gift.  As Bounder says, brings back the memories.  My first airplane ride was in a Moth...in '41 or '42.  In NZ.  And look what that lead to...

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Woof

Ted, your photo got me searching for that famous shot of the Moth picking up the hankie with its wingtip.  Sometime in the thirties.  Well, I found it and many more terrific low level shots...enjoy...It's a must see...http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/325/language/en-CA/Lower-than-a-Snakes-Belly-in-a-Wagon-Rut.aspx

I'v got deja vue all over me...