CfC Aero Club

Started by =CfC=Bounder, November 26, 2010, 12:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

Since we all spend so little time flying, I thought that it was time to kick off the CfC Aero Club to enable you to spend more of your free time flying at leisure and honing your aerobatic skills in “real” machines requiring a lot of pedal power to fly well!

After much work the Club House is finished and installed on the Pacific "Islands” map together with aircraft donated by various countries keen to promote their machinery:-

DH Tiger Moth
Miles Magister
Gloster Gladiator Mk1
PT26
Avia B534
HS123

(let me know if you want any additions (Stall speed around 50Kts or less)

The Club will provide end of DF fun to include formation flying, aerobatics, crazy flying, spot landing competitions, carrier landings (without hooks)…and of course landing at Madame Fifi’s Crescent Island airstrip which requires wearing brown overalls after new work to the runway has made this only fit for the risk immune.

At the moment the membership is free to all CfC current members, but unfortunately due to the rising cost of fuel, the aircraft rental and repairs will be charged at Euro100 ph. (cheques payable to Bounder and marked “overseas account â€" Black Euro â€" laundry”). Permanent comprehensive insurance for loss of the “Hull” can be provided at a cost of 6% of a/c value or around Euro3000pa.

Primarily intended for low turn-out evenings and end of DF fun, there will shortly be a “self-installer” containing all the CfC Aero Club skins. (the picture below is of one of Andy West’s creations with modified CfC decals). If you would like any of your own skins included in the “installer”, please let me know and place them in the “Aero Club” skin folder soon to be available in the Dropbox.

There will be an end of year flying competition using Club aircraft and judged by your peers….so get practicing in your favourite mount. (Practice “Islands” map mission will soon be available)

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

You're an absolute whiz, Bounder!   A wonderful idea!

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC= Silverback

Sounds like fun Bounder. I always was a sucker for a little competition.

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Bounder

The practice mission for Aero Club flying will be in the Dropbox Sunday, however the skins are not finished yet so they will be a few more days.

Here is our Aero Club Gladiator "Glorious Gladys" missing the spot landing mark in front of the judges tent! Bounder is recovering in hospital after wrapping up our other Gladiator "Glamorous Gloria"!

Bounder ;D

=CfC= Silverback

Bounder could you put a Storch in also. Thanks

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: =CfC= Silverback on November 27, 2010, 05:01:00 PM
Bounder could you put a Storch in also. Thanks

Yup....it's there.

Bounder :)

=CfC=Bounder

The “CfC Aero Club” practice mission is now uploaded to the Dropbox:-

The mission is in the “CfC_Bdr_TrSp_MDS113_281110” folder.

Instructions:-
- Open the folder “Bounder Missions/UP_201” and copy the whole of the above folder
- Paste into your UP installation in “Missions/Net/dogfight"
- Delete any previously dated folder of the same name
- Go to multiplayer mode and select "create server" dogfight etc. and select the new dated folder, click on it and find the mission:-

“Islands_MDS113_AeroClub_UP201”

Let me know if you want any additions or modifications.

The airstrip on the Crescent Island is difficult to land on! The only way you can successfully stop in time is to trim the a/c full nose “up” and when it settles into a glide at minimum speed (hands off) use power to control sink. You need to come in slightly over the trees or you are faced with a steep turn near the threshold.

Unfortunately the FM’s of some of these machines are awful. However the Avia/Gladiator/p26 are OK. Some do not even have a defined stall and just run out of elevator.

Skins will be in an installer next week and placed in the Dropbox.

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

I believe the P-26 has the Ki-27's fm. Nice work on the map!

Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

So when is she going to do the 180, Bounder?  :o

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC= Binks

Cannot seem to find this in the dropbox Bounder. Could you try putting it in there again please.

Cheers,

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC= Silverback

Binks is correct your mission seems to be AWOL. Hope you can find it, I wouldn't want Willkins to get board.

=CfC=Bounder

Oh dear........perhaps someone did not pay the premium for third party fire and theft insurance!

Try again.....name of mission and location as in above post.

Incidently....I have scoured the net for Tiger Moth skins and someone has gone off with the template....they have all gone and the apart from the default skin in UP2.01 the other skins are are all messsed up.

Bounder  :(

CFC_Conky

Hi Bounder,

Is the RWD-8 included?

=CfC=Bounder

Quote from: CfC_Conky on November 30, 2010, 06:19:26 PM
Hi Bounder,

Is the RWD-8 included?

OK...I will include it. The missions will be updated on Thursday to include any changes/requests.

Bounder