Drink Driving Warning

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, January 19, 2015, 09:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

With the holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with my family & friends about drinking and driving.

Some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session" out with friends.

Well, three days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails, followed by some rather nice red wine.  Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be over the limit. That's when I did something that I've never done before .. I took a cab home!

Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they  waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.   This was a real relief and surprise because I had never driven a cab before.

I don't even know where I got it and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it!!

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Father Ted

=CfC=BlueDog

So......

any ideas on what to do with the cab?

=CfC=Woof

Perhaps a rolling cab of ill repute?   Bluey's Bitchin' Bordello?  For those who pine for the long gone teen years.  My Austin 7 was famed for the upside down footprints on the ceiling.  He said, wistfully.   :-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

QuoteMy Austin 7 was famed for the upside down footprints on the ceiling

So, is it fair to say that if we were to measure those footprints we would have a good idea of Matron's shoe size?

I'm just saying......................

CFC_Conky

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on January 23, 2015, 01:17:08 AM
QuoteMy Austin 7 was famed for the upside down footprints on the ceiling

So, is it fair to say that if we were to measure those footprints we would have a good idea of Matron's shoe size?

I'm just saying......................

If they were Matron's feet the roof would have been torn off.  8)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

My father-in-law went on honeymoon (1952) in an Austin 7 Ruby 1936 model. He is six foot four with size 13 feet. They motored through the Alps in February, no heater and only manual wipers. Tyres so narrow they got stuck in the tram tracks in Zurich and had no choice but to drive on to the depot until they could be extracted.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: =CfC=BlueDog on January 21, 2015, 01:01:58 AM
So......

any ideas on what to do with the cab?

Obvious - drive to and from the pub*

*only joking kiddies