Ah, Memories (sigh)

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, August 04, 2010, 12:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

If you had to live in the arctic, you'd go a little nuts too  :D.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=Woof

Is that you blowing the didgeridoo in the background in the first video, Conky?  Or did Bluey squeeze in there?

I'v got deja vue all over me...

John Cartwright

God's teeth! that looks cold. Are you the one at the front doing jazzhands?
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Bounder

Crikey!.......I had to put a sweater on to watch it Conky!

The 737 looked like a rare 100 series?

I flew those in the 70's at the opposite end of the temperature spectrum (see below). They were eventually sold to Air Florida and unfortunately you may recall that one finished up in the Potomac. I have to say that the 100 series was a great little machine.....loved it....just the basics with no gubbins in it!

Bounder ;D

CFC_Conky

BD,

Yes, to my now everlasting cyber-shame (I've been getting ribbed mercilessly by former Nordair chaps) , that is me hamming it up for the camera  :-[

Bounder,

Those 737's are -200 series; the bulge below the fuselage at the nose wheel position and the probes sticking out from the engine nacelles are from the gravel kit, the nose wheel had a 'ski' which would deflect debris coming up off the runway and the probes blew bleed air which deflected debris from the intakes. It was an effective system but imposed a considerable performance penalty. I have flown the -100 series, I really enjoyed flying those; by the time I got my hands on them, some had over 100,000 cycles, everything was very loose and they were pretty underpowered but very, very smooth flyers. They were a bit slow as well, probably the result of the drag created by all the patching of the roof!  :D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Such beautiful jets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=etw2boRRBgs

So, Woof; do I hear you whisper "ah, memories (sigh)"?

=CfC=Woof

Ah, Bluey, you really know how to hurt an old guy.  Talk about wanting to live your life over again.  It's high times every day now, but back then...wow, really high times, no pun,  and we didn't even realize it.  Many thanks for posting. :-* :-* :-*

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=BlueDog

I trust those are platonic air kisses, woof! :o :o :o ???

CFC_Conky

That's ok Bluey, when they pucker up just imagine them going 'baaaaaaaahhhhh', and you'll be alright mate! :D

=CfC=BlueDog

Long ago, in the days when the Viet Cong were tunneling their way under South Vietnam and hauling goodies along the Ho Chi Minh trail,  Bluey was piloting his mighty C130A back to Oz after delivering much needed warfare-waging gear to Vung Tau airbase.   The flight from Butterworth in Malaysia to Darwin took about 8 hours; so after arriving in this tropical clime and working our way through customs etc we were keen to breast the bar for a cold ale or two.

So, into the shower for a quick rub-a-dub, then (as was my wont), towel slung low around my sensual hips exposing trim waist and gloriously sculptured abs; (much to the envy of passing male officers, and with female officers falling pregnant simply by glancing at my oh so erotic torso), I started back to my room.   Ooops, forgot the soap - so, back to the shower block.   Almost there and I note a chap scurrying furtively from the block, avoiding eye contact with all concerned.   Shrugging my massive shoulders I walk into the block and ............ my soap had GONE!

My Nav and co-pilot were at the bar when I arrived and this incident gave me about 30 seconds of fame:

Bluey:  "Some bugger stole my soap"
Nav:   "So what, it's only soap"
Bluey:   "But it's one I bought at the USAF PX.  It's a bit special"
Nav:  "So what, it's still only soap"

Next morning on the way to breakfast in the company of my co-pilot I notice the furtive thieving chap disappearing into the shower block.   Grabbing co-pilot by the arm I say "C'mon, follow me.   Just take my cue and say what the nav said" and head for the block.

Inside I say in a rather loud voice:

Bluey:   "Some bugger stole my soap from here yesterday arvo"
Co-pilot:   "So what, it's only soap"
Bluey:   "Yes, but it's the special soap the medical officer gave me for my syphilis"

Co-pilot and I proceeded to breakfast.   On the return I peeked into the shower block and my soap was BACK!

True story.   OK I might have exaggerated about the shoulders.  

John Cartwright

Nice one Bluey; hope you didn't get any unwanted surprises when you bent down to pick up the soap; you being so irresistibly gorgeous and all.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=BlueDog

CFC_Conky

Quote from: BalDaddy on November 28, 2014, 10:16:26 AM
Nice one Bluey; hope you didn't get any unwanted surprises when you bent down to pick up the soap; you being so irresistibly gorgeous and all.

Not to worry BD, the only ones worried on an RAAF base are the ewes  ;).

Great story Bluey!  8)