Say Hi to Craig and Laurence

Started by =CfC=Fitz, July 07, 2012, 04:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cartwright

Regarding 4.11; is there not a hotfix needed to be compatible with our versions chaps?
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC= Binks

Dunno ol' chap, I'm patched up to 4.11.1 on a separate install. I'll take a look see if there is a hotfix too.

Apparently 4.11.1m is the latest and includes the hotfix. Available from the M4T link I posted for Craig and Laurence.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Fitz

4.11.1 is the latest vanilla version and is ok. I'm pretty sure that I installed UP3 over a version of 4.11 and it just reverted back to a 4.10.1 install with mods. Best to patch to 4.10.1 and make copies though.

God this all sounds confusing when reading it back!

CFC_Conky

If your hard drive space allows it, have a separate 4.10.1, 4.11.1 and whatever mod pack you want as separate installations. Keeping a clean version of 4.10.1 allows for quick rebuilding of UP3 if something goes wrong with it. Once they make it compatible with 4.11.1 you can ged rid of 4.10.1.

I don't add any other mods to UP3 lest it cause problems online, I do all my tinkering in DBW which is based on UP3. I do quite a bit of offline flying and there are some terrific user-made campaigns for use with DBW.

I also have versions 5.0 and 6.0 of HSFX because some servers on HL, i.e. Skies of Valor allow HSFX mods. Again, I keep these installations 'clean', i.e no added mods.

Total hard drive space taken up by my IL2 stuff: Over 250GB....I think I have a problem :D

I'm looking forward to having UP3 compatible with 4.11.1 since there are some very useful functions/actions now available at waypoints i.e. patrol, which may streamline mission building. Probably not though, any time saved placing ai waypoints will be used up adding more stuff to the mission  ;D

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

CFC_Conky

Well done today CJ and Laurence!

I was great flying with you chaps today, hope to see more of you in the future  :)

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Hear hear......and CJ knocking me down on his first venture with us. Good shooting.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Father Ted

I'll third that!  And guys, if you can get UP3 running, we can put up an MDS from our "back-catalogue" of missions and try a big wing against the AI

CFC_Conky

I actually didn't mind flying on the vanilla game since we haven't really taken the time to explore all its new aircraft and features.

Pip, pip,
Conky

=CfC=Father Ted

I don't have a problem with it either Conky, it's just that CJ mentioned wanting to take on the AI and I thought we have more missions available for that in UP3

cjwebster

Hey guys, first of all I would like to thank you all for the great times on Thursday and just to let you know, I won't be able to join tomorrow night. However I will also try and pick up UP3 from Laurence ASAP before he goes away on Monday. I'll let you know when I'm up and running!

Until then!

CJ
"Oh... that looked important."