Say Hi to Craig and Laurence

Started by =CfC=Fitz, July 07, 2012, 04:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Fitz

Right chaps,

There are a couple of fellas interested in flying with us. Say hi to Craig and Laurence and make them feel welcome. Oh and don't tell Matron!!

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Father Ted

The prospect of more Chuffolites is always excellent news.  I feel that they'll need to work on their obligatory "comedy" nicknames, however. 

Seriously, though, welcome aboard chaps: Chuffy's is why IL2 and the Internet were invented.

CFC_Conky

That's great! Welcome aboard Chaps!

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Whattho chaps! Couple of snifters behind the bar for you............(skipper's tab of course, but it's the thought that counts, what?)

Nothing 'comedy' about my name; bald father of four.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC= Binks

Once had a doctor named Craig, I'm still outliving him! :D Welcome both, clinic is in the building with the bars on the windows, and mess is the one with no windows. (or doors). ;D

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

cjwebster

Haha what's up guys! Not quite ready to roll just yet, still waiting for Laurence to get home from the UK with our 1946 CDs.

I'm sure a nickname will arise once we start the flying :)

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Craig
"Oh... that looked important."

=CfC=Palmtree

Tally Ho Chaps and welcome!

A little word to the wise......this is a terrible squadron.  No discipline, no respect for authority, no.....well you'll find out soon enough!  :-X

Wanted to go to 601 myself!  ::)

And remember...watch out for the Hun in the sun; and err ...Matron.  In fact forget about the Hun, just watch out for Matron.

Cheers!

Pt
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC=BlueDog

cjwebster

OK lads, 1946 has arrived, let us know when we scramble and I'll set it all up for then! :)

Craig

John Cartwright

Jolly good show.....chaps are on 8ish GMT tonight, but modded up to UP3 RC4

Don't worry about matron, she blocks out the sun so you can see which direction the bounce is coming from (especially if she omits to wear her corsets again)

=CfC= Binks

Craig dear boy,

you should upgrade from 4.07 to 4.101, (instructions here; http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=584)  then save 2 further copies. After that, upgrade one spare copy to UP3.0 RC4. Every download necessary for UP 3.0 can be found here:http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,23452.0.html.

There is a further upgrade on available to 4.11, that you can apply to your other spare copy, but we've had a few problems with that, so don't use it. Always good to have a couple of spare 4.10.1 in a folder somewhere, just in case.

We'll be online tonight if you manage to get everything done in time. Don't worry if not, you can always check in via TS 3.0, take a peek, and say hello.

Pip pip.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

cjwebster

Hey guys, it says that the 4.101 patch is now included in the 4.11. Shall i get that?

=CfC=Fitz

Hi Craig,

Yes, they have fixed 4.11.1 now so if you can get patched up to the latest version we can fly that this evening to give you some time to get UP3 installed. I'll email you with teamspeak and game server details when I get home.

Pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Father Ted

Where's Bounder when we need him!

Craig, do what Binks said, at least to start with.  The reason for this is that the UP 3.0 RC4 mod which we use goes "over the top of" 4.10.1, but not 4.11.  If you patch your game to 4.11.1, you won't be able to then mod it with UP 3.0 and your version will not work with our server.

I hope that is clear - all this patching/modding makes my head hurt - but that is what I believe the situation to be.

What I've done is have one whole installation patched/modded to UP3, and then another (separate game effectively) patched to 4.11.1.  There is a way to just have one install and switch between the various modes if HDD space is an issue for you, but it's beyond me to explain.

If you HAVE gone straight through to 4.11.1, not to worry as we can set up the server to run that, it's just that we had problems with that version when it first came out and have stuck with the older version.

Ted

*heads off for a little lie down*

Edit: Fitz beat me to it

John Cartwright

4.11 is not compatible with UP3 Craig. All a tad confusing somewhat. I advise ignore 4.11 for the moment and upgrade to UP3 as laid out in  Bink's post above, or have a separate install for 4.11 should you choose to try it.
Join us on Teamspeak later if you have a question or problem with it.
Ooops someone posted the same thing whilst I was typing!