The mystery of the unavailable RRR

Started by CFC_Conky, June 20, 2012, 12:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC_Conky

The following is brought to you by the Canadian Why The F#$% Is MDS Doing That, For @#$%^&! Sake Society, British Columbia Branch:

Why can't you RRR during Conky's missions?

For RRR to ba available, your aircraft must be on a friction-enabled area of a home base. The thing is, you can't use the default value, 3.8, under the Properties tab. Normally, one only has to tick the box next to the default friction factor, which then sets it to 3.0. At this point you can usually save the mission and this setting should stick. I have discovered however that sometimes the manual setting is not saved , and as a result, RRR will not work.

The solution I have found is to modify the manually set friction factor to something other than the default 3 (I use 3.1), the change seems to stick and now we can RRR again, huzzah!

As an aside, with the friction set to 3.1, the ground is still quite slippery, which is probably why the Mustangs are so lively when taxiing.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.