New Saitek rudder pedals

Started by =CfC=Bounder, January 17, 2012, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Bounder

As my own rudder pedals are reaching the "final" stage of their life (one brake broken...etc. etc.) I had a look at the reviews of Saitek's latest offering.

The Saitek "Pro Combat" rudder pedals seem much sturdier than before. Here is one review:-

http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/combped.htm

They are still £125 or so: maybe in a while they will be down to the standard pedal price.

Bounder ;D

=CfC=BlueDog

If they are CH pedals then the brake problem is probably due to a broken wire.   Easy to fix if you're handy with a soldering iron.   You just need the patience of Job to undo the 486 screws holding the thing together.   This is what it looks like inside:

But of course you could just tell Mrs Bounder that they've had it and you MUST get a new set.   

Hoping to have offended your Queen's English penchant with my Colonialesque philistinicity of starting a sentence with a conjunction. ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

Hey Bluey, those are what I got for Christmas - hopefully that isn't a view of them I'll be seeing anytime soon!

=CfC=Bounder

I say BD......jolly good of you to worry about an ancient relic from the Old Country....

Unfortunately my Saitek Pro pedals have a broken brake bearing (plastic and probably cost £1). When it happened a year ago or so, the new owners of Saitek would not send me the part. I posted on the Ubizoo about it as I thought they were a bunch of Cads and Bounders requiring me to buy a new set for such a simple fix.

I managed to repair it enough to use the rudder without the brake on the right pedal, but it is now ready to drop off altogether emulating parts of the owner.

Big shopping list now with new HD, RAM, Windows 7 and now this.

Bounder ???

=CfC=Palmtree

Quote from: =CfC=Father Ted on January 18, 2012, 11:25:51 AM
Hey Bluey, those are what I got for Christmas - hopefully that isn't a view of them I'll be seeing anytime soon!

When I started I asked aroud the forums about joysticks pedals etc.  The CH stuff was always considered to be the toughest if rather boring to look at.  I think  you will be pretty unlucky to have any problems. (He says fingers crossed)  :)

Pt
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

CFC_Conky

Agreed PT,

BUT, (put that in there for you Bounder :D), CH desperately needs to update some of their designs, i.e. adding some rotaries, but all in all, it's pretty tough kit.

Pip, pip,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CfC=BlueDog

Ted, never fear - you've got many years of CH rudderage ahead of you before you need the Jobesque patience.