shut down virus

Started by =CFC=Buzzsaw, December 26, 2011, 07:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CFC=Buzzsaw

Hi guys

This old man is still fighting with his computer so I can join you guys some day.

Lately I've been haveing trouble shutting down, it just keeps booting back up, even if I use the case button.

This morning it started to shut down on its own about every 60 minutes, (it's due any moment!)

I googled (shut down virus) and there is one!

How ever it's too complicated for me to fix.

I restored a month, and dumped a lot of recent files,  IT"S STILL THERE!! UURRRGG

Can anybody help ?   Please?

Brocken down Buzzsaw

CFC_Conky

Hi Buzzsaw!

Sorry, I don't know anything about that virus.

Great to hear from you again though, I hope you cab get up and running soon!

All the best,
Conky
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

=CFC=Buzzsaw

Hi Conky

Still fighting it, but its getting worser!

can't stay connected more then a few minutes, so I'm doing this on my wifes computer.

It started giveing me trouble about a year ago, I figured it was my vid card, (ATI HIS x1650GT)

I couldn't replace it, cause they don't make it anymore, (AGP board.)

Now I'm thinking it's my CPU, cause the card used to nock me out of the game back to the desk top,
now it just shuts me down!  :o(

Anybody? ideas?

Buzzsaw

=CfC=Father Ted

Sorry to be  a doom merchant but it sounds like it could be anything!  If it's a virus, then obviously some sort of anti-virus software is the way to go.  For a one off infection it may be worth checking  MS - my kids' PC got one and I was able to download a specific program from MS to kill it.

My old PC died - and that turned out to be the HDD causing corruption to Windows.

Then again I had a PC which flaked out and I was convinced it was the GPU, but it turned out to be  the motherboard.

I'm no techie guy - just trying to put ideas out there.   Have you tried safe mode and all that shizzle?

The fact it's getting progressively worse suggests to me a hardware problem - but that could be bollocks.

I'll shut up now  - this post may be no help, but I'm just feeling your pain

=CFC=Buzzsaw

Thanks Ted

Any ideas are welcome, my patched up brain isn't the same one that built this darn thing
a few years ago,...........my wallet eather!  :(

I was just trying to think of something to say about what  a great pilot I was before I was captured, ::)
but my thoughts were drownd out with memorys of team speak laughter.

I really miss that.....hell I even miss you guys that I haven't flown with!

Buzzsaw

=CfC=BlueDog

Hey Dan,

Hope you & Mrs Buzz had a great Christmas.

Pip Pip,

Bluey

=CfC= Binks

Hi Buzzsaw. Check out this link.  http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f25/solved-computer-shuts-down-by-itself-185184.html

Appears this guy had a similar problem, and it was not a virus, but a faulty Power Supply Unit. He cleaned the cooling fan, and it got it working again. Hope your problem is this simple!

Pootles.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CFC=Buzzsaw

Thanks Binks

I think your right on, my power supply has been kicking into a higher speed lately,
and I live in a very dusty environment.

I built a filter system for my puter and keeps it pretty clean, but fine dust still gets through.

I wasn't able to check out that link, it tried to load a virus an I got out quick, but your info
is helpful, thanks again.

Thanks Bluey (shucks, I was getting to like Bluedog, but we can't have two  BD's in here I guess.)   ;)

Buzzsaw .......how come nobody calls me BS....OH!  LOL

=CfC=Bounder

Hi Buzz....hope you had a great Christmas.

Here is a link which describes your issue almost exactly. You need to read the various causes first, or if you carry out the action necessary to avoid the re-boot you will be stuck until you fix the issue. I would suggest you unplug all your USB devices first, then try booting up. If the fault persists, go through the other items listed in this link about the causes of continuous re-booting.

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

Hope this helps.

Bounder :-\

=CFC=Buzzsaw

HI Nick

Thanks for takeing the time to look that up for me, great find,
it discribes my problem pretty well. except I haven't loaded any drivers or hardware,
programs or anything for well over a year

I hope when I get it cleaned up and back together, I won't have to get into the techy stuff, (you know me!)
I got dizzy just reading it!  ???

Wish me luck

Buzz

Gizmo

Hey Dan, have you managed to get it sorted out ?

=CFC=Buzzsaw

Hey old buddy

I got side tracked with a bum leg, so I had to put it on the back burner for a few days.

Just started getting around today, took it apart and its full of dirt ! maybe I got rats !!  ;D

I'm hopeing thats what the problem is, I don't see how it ran at all.

I was thinking the other day, that you were the last person I flew with, when you helped me set up my FOV.

never did get to show what a killer I could be now that I can see.  ::)

Nice to here from you !

Buzz