Good day, Gentlemen.

Started by dinosaurJR, November 10, 2011, 11:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinosaurJR

What-ho chaps!

Having been seconded to the frozen north for the last three years, one has only just become aware that good old Blighty is once again at the mercy of Adolph and his sausage sucking cabbage crates.

Being as patriotic as the next first eleven, upper house, bushy mustached old Etonian I  hopped into my kite and had her up the blue end with not a second to spare! Officer's height and gentlemen's speed, oh yes indeed, officer's height and gentlemen's speed... I adopted the bearing of due Blighty and was here faster than you can say "Carstairs, old stick that is a rather fetching chiffon you have on today, I really must have the details of your dress maker..."
Point me due Hunland and we shall be eating bratwurst in Bavaria by Christmas!

Carstairs was a rather odd fellow, now that one brings him to mind, but I digress;

In all seriousness chaps, I first heard the legend of Chuffy and his Flying Circus (capital letters firmly intended) whilst over at Mission 4 Today. I've been playing around with IL-2 1946 (UP3 and DBW) for around a year now (yes, I'm late to the party, but that is rather fashionable, what?) and am confident that I can walk away from most landings on at least one leg (provided I can use the external view). I am a little hazy when it comes to complex engine management, however...

As for my particulars, I am Scottish (yes, yes a jock, but no one's perfect, what?) and have been domiciled in Norway for the last three years (I got snagged by some Scandinavian skirt, chaps, we are to be married next September) . However, my work takes me far and wide (from Belgium to Ghana, from Senegal to Liberia) - therefore my flying hours tend to be a little erratic...

I am looking for some fine chaps to fly with, purely for fun, and have been brushing up on the appropriate lingo required for entry to such a fine gentleman's club. I also enjoy a good conflab with the lads in the mess and so therefore shall be in and around the forums quite regularly.

Now, FatherTed mentioned some sort of "initiation"? I stand ready, wing commander...

Pip pip and all that...
I have always believed that one is as old as one feels... However; I feel practically Cretaceous...

Gizmo

Greetings old bean and welcome.

Sounds like your Carstairs could well be related to our very own Woof.

Initiation , I expect Matron will contact you in due coarse. Fortify yourself and keep your eyes shut. Very tightly shut.

Don't worry too much about CEM, the flak makes that sort of thing pretty much redundant.

Tally-ho and all that, what what.

=CfC= Silverback

Outstanding and welcome. Looking forward to seeing you fly the pink Spitfire and maintain your dignity. I am out working in Iraq for now but will return to the virtual skies early in December. Hope to see you then.

P.O.Silverback
WSWA Det.

dinosaurJR

Ah, a warm welcome. Very much appreciated chaps!

But Silverback, old man, how do you know one's pet name for the "little chap"? Do you know Carstairs? Highly irregular man but quite the comedian after a few brandys in the officers mess...

Oh, and one last question; what equipment are we on these days? Are we using UP3? Or is it vanilla 4.10.1m?

Pip pip me (new) old mateys!
I have always believed that one is as old as one feels... However; I feel practically Cretaceous...

=CfC= Silverback

LOL, Just an unfortunate coincidence (maybe to much info). I never met this Carstairs chap. Although the name sounds kinda familiar (maybe met him on Hyper Lobby) and he does sound a bit like one of our own or a combination of a couple.
As to what we fly, Tue and Sun we fly stock 4.101. Thu we fly the latest version of UP. I'm sure that Fitz or Bounder will be along directly to give ya the full scoop. Have fun and I'll see ya soon.

P.O.Silverback
WSWA Det.

=CfC=Fitz

Very quick post!

I have given you full forum access so that you can check the server details. Hope to catch you in a bit.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Palmtree

Tally Ho!

A word to the wise, watch out for Matron!  :o

Anyway, welcome!  This call for a drink!  :)

To the bar!!!

Pt

Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

CFC_Conky

If it's not Scottish it's crap!!!!

What do Scots wear under their kilts?

On a good day? Lipstick!

...Or so I hear  ;D

Welcome!
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

dinosaurJR

I had quite a chuckle at that last one - jolly good show Conky!

One is yet to make the acquaintance of this Matron; but as I am lead to believe that I have a face only a mother could love, I am quite certain we shall get on like a Nazi block house on fire...

My dear Fitz, thanks ever so for entrusting me with access to the rest of the site. I shall proceed to gen up with gentleman's speed...

Palmtree, old man, mine's is a large brandy - good show!

Pip pip, gents!