Patch v1.05.15950 - Detail, Progress & What it Means to your Bar Bill.....

Started by Badgerton Smedly, October 18, 2011, 07:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badgerton Smedly

Tally Ho Gentlemen!

We'll I've had a play, I've tweaked some wibblies and I hope to share some developments with you in this topic, which I'll add to over the next day.  Please excuse the typos, I'll take them out in later reviews etc.

Right, what's new? The 1C post by 'Luthier' covered it and as I have it in my last post, I won't repeat is here, I'll include more of an overview.

• Well the game is certainly using more RAM.  Still only between 55% & 60% but it's better
• The sounds are much better!  I've still got to play around with the sound but the 109 sounds mean!!  ;D
• Visual optimisation?  Not much better unfortunately.  As I mentioned previously, it sounds like much of the visual physics will be recoded and from the patch release post it looks like it will be done in anticipation of the next sequel.  Yes that's right, we'll have a progressive movement towards further theatres of war, which to be honest is ok as it means increased performance etc.  They have said that their FPS related patch will mean an increase of ~50% to most so it looks like they know what the issue(s) is.
• Stability.  The overall stability is much better. I'm getting an average of 40 FPS on the 'Black Death' track with no stutters which is good.  Others are reporting microstutters, but I think that's down to the existing under use of the hardware.

More to follow....

Badger