Introduction

Started by UrsusManor, February 24, 2011, 01:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrsusManor

hmm...i had a little battle with UP modpack last night...The installation is simple: next, next, finish, ok combo does the trick, but during that it repatched my Il-2 to 4.09 so i upgraded it back to 4.10.1 but then it did not start... :) so a looong session of reinstallation consumed my night and 3 questions emerged in my mind:
1: this pack contains several mods. Which ones do you recommend as useful?
2: If it is up and running smoothly does mod disable/enable function work properly? The public servers have way too different settings regarding mods.
3: is there a better stout than Guinness? This is the only stout on market here ( this is a Pilsner fan country ) and i love it really, but is it the best?  ;D 8)

sorry for the delay and bombarding you with questions but i haven't expected that IL-2 changed so much in the recent years... I can offer you in exchange to be a bait in a lonely Fairey Battle to raise the attention of German fighters :)  ;D
Escaping in a Wirraway :D

=CfC=Fitz

UP works with 4.09, but now has a switcher to allow you to fly 4.10.1 unmodded.

BUT you can't use official patches on a game with UP installed, you need to wait for UP to release an update.

The best way to avoid this is to have two installs. Patch your game to 4.09 and copy it. Rename the copy to something like IL2UP and install the mods on that version. Then patch your original install to 4.10.1 and you can use this for all official updates. Your modded version can be updated using the UP update and restore facility.

We normally use the Warbirds of Prey mod which is a collection of mods like 'tougher bridges' and a few other bits and bobs.

With regards to stout, check out the guiness original export as I find it a bit more palatable than the usual stuff. You could always try brewing your own!

Pip pip,

Fitz

Gizmo

Hi Zoltan, it's unfortunate you had problems with the installation and I'd have to admit if I was new to the game I would give up on the whole thing as it's now become an over-complicated mishmash.

Adding to what Fitz said, Perfect_Map_Textures and Hakenkruz_Enabler are the other mods we generally have enabled.

If you have JSGME open and the mods you want to use enabled click on tasks and you'll see the option to save your mod profile. Do so and in future you can simply use this feature to load our usual set-up without scrolling up and down the list looking for them.
And yes, JSGME works reliably. It is used with 3 or 4 other games I play and never once given a problem. The only thing to be aware of is making sure the mods enabled side of it is empty whenever you run the update utility.

As for No.3, I dunno, I'm a lager lout and anything else tastes like something I could get from my cat if I squeezed her hard enough.

I'll be happy to look out for you in a Fairy Battle next time I'm in my Red Baron F4  ;D

=CfC=Father Ted

Hi Zoltan

Question number three is obviously the most important one.  If you love Guinness, then it is the best!  Though I find it can be improved by slinging a couple of shots of cheap whisky in the top.  A pint or two of that concoction will have you flying inverted in no time.  A beer I used to enjoy is Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout, though whether you can get that where you are, I don't know.  More "mainstream" beers you could try are Murphy's and Mackeson's

Ted

PS when we meet in the virtual skies I'll be the one in the aircraft in front of you wondering where the bullets are coming from

UrsusManor

Gentlemen,

i really enjoyed this flight today with you, despite of its short time for me and of the fact that the flight and fight consumed 95% of my concentration and could not chat as much as i like, but i really eager to continue this with you on Sunday.
I open my next bottle of beer for you. Cheers, Comrades! :)

=CfC=Fitz

Glad you could join us, looking forward to seeing you again sunday. And I wouldn't worry, you certainly weren't doing too badly. You certainly notched up a few kills!

If you haven't already noticed, I've opened up all the hidden areas of the forums for you as well. Welcome aboard!

pip pip,

Fitz

UrsusManor

Thank you Fitz, i have noticed it.
However one thing i am really good at: :D :D
The most stylish CTRL+E: :D :D

UrsusManor

Hi Comrades,

just returned from the Netherlands and successfully took over the controlling stuff over there and a little extra as well: my throat is in flames i am struggling during every swallows, my head is like a huge pumpkin waiting to be smashed and my voice went deep like Marlon Brandos in the Godfather.
my only resort is to search funny stuff on the internet not that i could laugh out without pain..and i have come across this video, which amused me so much:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU&feature=fvwrel

:)

May the Matron be with you. Especially in this beautiful roadster.. :)

CFC_Conky

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

John Cartwright

Bad memories of that film: bursting for a pee, thinking 'it must end now! surely this is the end now!' about three times.
Unseemly jostling to get to the bogs by small children & men of a certain age followed.

Damn good films though; is he still doing the remake of the Dambusters?
Did anyone see the excellent doc about re-creating the bouncing bomb last night? Amazing flying by the Canadian chappie eh?
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940