Who's Game?

Started by =CfC=BlueDog, May 26, 2011, 10:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=BlueDog

Anyone want to get together online and create havoc (and perhaps let slip the dogs of war)?

=CfC= Silverback

when (GMT) and where (server)?

=CfC=Father Ted

I'll keep an eye out for you two on Steam and see if I can meet up.  I've not tried on-line yet, so no idea if it'll work!  I'm running version 4588 (?) plus hotfix

=CfC=BlueDog

What's your availability, SB, FT. anyone else?   I'm best from about 1000Z (2000hrs my time), but depends on the day and degree of CWS freeze about.   Can also manage mornings from 0600 to about 0730 my time (2000Z - 2130Z) but unable to speak on comms lest I arouse sleeping grandkids thereby activating CWS for the entire day.

Server?   Just find one that suits.

Cheers,

BD

Badgerton Smedly

Capital Idea!!

I've just been online and can report that even a Ia Spitfire can coarse-pitch and dive for the deck and escape when confronted with a couple of beastly 109's in WM confguration and obviously looking for a badger sticker to add to their rudder tally!!  :'(

Not sure if CfC TS would be up, but if not I have a 10 slot server somewhere.  I'll get the details...

Badger

=CfC=Fitz

CfC TS is up 24/7 so please feel free to make use of it.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Father Ted

You may have noticed my brief appearance this morning/evening Bluey.  I need to have a proper look at the manual vis-a-vis online play.  Plus I haven't started to learn CEM yet (couldn't start my engine!), which I guess excludes me from some servers.  Are there wind effects in-game?  Coz my Me109 drifted sideways across the airfield as I tried to work out how to get the prop to go round.

When I then went offline the prog just gave me a black screen - all in all not a great experience.

Ted

=CfC= Silverback

Great I am having problems with my install. It runs great for ten minutes and then locks up my computer. My conclusion is that this game still sucks. Oh well better luck with the next patch.

=CfC=BlueDog

Ted, you old God-Botherer you!

Yes I saw you appear in the server and managed to fly into the ground whilst attempting to send a message - lesson: don't lose concentration whilst flying low level! ::) :D :(
Things are a bit different with CEM and temp effects in force.   With the 109 I can't get the magnetos to work with my keyboard so I have to 'mouse' them up.  With any aircraft you need to have the throttle partially open about 1/8 travel to get it to start, then you need to let the engine warm up before you can apply higher power settings:  Spit & Hurries need about 60 deg C and 109 about 40 deg C.   There is no oil cooling function for the Spit & Hurry (oil cooler combined with rad); but the 109 has an operating oil cooler and needs to be used.   ATM the prop pitch on the 109 has been reversed in the hot fix so your keybindings/axes for prop pitch either need to be changed and put in a discreet 109 conf.ini or accept the reverse operation until the next fix or don't fly 109 (and probably 110); Spit & Hurry are unchanged.

SB, my prog is generally working OK but occasionally closes down.   I frequently get dumped from online servers with a time-out message even though all appears OK.   I suspect it's ping related.

Badgerton Smedly

Despite the limited server availablity has anyone been up recently?

I've been up more and more, and despite the sound going missing occasionally I'm enjoying the FM and DM features.

Results have been pretty consistent with me bagging AI and human 109's, Ju88's and 110's.  I was roundly put down yesterday by a 109 which I only ever saw after he attacked me and was peeling off!!  Outstanding!!  I had to but down on a beach and the whole affair would have been like something out of a book if the bugger hadn't come down and straffed me! Another occasion saw my right wing shredded and when the Jerry saw I was out of the fight he obligingly allowed me to land, which was nice.  What was amusing was that my UC was shot to pieces and only one oleg came partially down and the tyre on that was shredded.  How did I know?  I unfortunately joined an external view server!!  I wonder why I had an AC on my tail so much!  ::)

The best point for me was last week when I tailed a 109 for about 3 minutes and got to around 100 meters before opening up.  By the reaction of his AC, I think I made him jump.  He was quite badly beaten up, but I'd run out of ammo so had to depart.  Too close for my gun sync I think.

Anyway, more fun to be had later I think.

Badger out.