Stand by for more patches

Started by =CfC=Woof, May 21, 2011, 01:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Woof

Just been notified by Amazon that delivery date for CoD is now July 26 2011 - July 30 2011.  Must be some really interesting debugging going on.

I'v got deja vue all over me...

Badgerton Smedly

Hi Woof

There certainly is - I'm just to about to post about it on another thread. I don't know why they are delaying the release though, as it's certainly playable in it's current form.

The Badgester

=CfC=Fitz

Not for me I'm afraid. All settings off or low and I'm still getting really bad stutter and freezes. And at these settings it's not a patch on '46 graphics wise.

CPU and GPU are mostly doing nothing, so I'm not maxing out my machine other than possibly the VRAM. I'm holding off further experimentation until I either get a new GPU or they optimise it to run on something as slow as a 4Ghz quad core!

Badgerton Smedly

I'm not sure what the issue is Fitz as there are guys on the Banana Forums with dual cores posting some good screen shots. It could be a good excuse to get a new GPU though....  ;)

Stability is still an issue which is why I suspet the State-side release has been delayed.

Onwards!!

=CfC=Fitz

I have noted that there seems to be little correlation between rig specs and performance so there are some serious issues somewhere. It doesn't seem to make full use of what is available in some areas and completely overloads others.

The only part of my machine that could possibly be called sub standard is my GPU (Nvidia GTX275) but it's still a solid card and the graphics in CoD aren't the best of all the things it will run happily. I would really expect it to hammer the CPU rather than the GPU but it rarely goes over 50% load on one core and 25% on another. The other two just idle.

Badgerton Smedly

Aye, standard optimisation still has to be a priority. Possible a small version, or a simplified version of the Channel Map too, until they are able to stabilise the problems. To be honest; having a map of the SE of Blighty is a bit OTT, mission-on-mission at the detail they've pitched it.   :-\

Everyone with a ~2 year-ish gaming spec'd rig should be able to run it on med to med-high settings without any issues. As expected, it does run well on my machine, but an analagy involving a sledgehammer and jelly could be quite fitting.  That's why I'm not seeing the overt issues many are. On the plus side, it is possible to see how it could be once they've sorted out more issues.

Well, I've caught CloD and I'm still excited, so will continue to report developments from Dover Harbour as they come in!  ;D

Pootles!

Badger