Bit of a breakthrough here, methinks....

Started by John Cartwright, April 10, 2011, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cartwright

Haven't had a chance to even try the sim seriously myself, but this clever teccy wallah seems to have produced a great mod to help performance:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3265101/all/Performance_improvement_mod_s_.html
have a gander and see what chaps think.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC= Binks

Interesting, but I think that rather than meddle with something I haven't invested in yet, I'll wait and see what the originators come up with first.
Give them a fair crack of the whip an' all that!

Tally Ho.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

Badgerton Smedly

I have to admit to being a bit of a purist with regards to mods, but it'll be interesting if someone can get the sim operationg faster before the 1C/Maddox chappies.

The main issue at the moment is the CPU multi-threading, but to be honest the size and complxity of the maps means that it's not goigj to get that much better. SLI/X-Fire support will help for those who have it....

5./JG27Farber

With regards to this - the latest patch just landed on steam.  I think its the one everyones been shouting about on 1cZOO!
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

=CfC=Fitz

No improvement for me with the new patch. If anything I'm getting more stutter. I'll dip my toe in again after the next patch and see if there is any further improvement.

:(

5./JG27Farber

Seems mine, yesterday, was patched to:

The beta patch version was

So I am assuming this is the patch...  It does seem smother with larger numbers of aircraft than before, however there something really strange about the way in which the aircraft moves compared to IL-2.  Does anyone else get that feeling?  Maybe its more true to life than IL-2 was.
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

Badgerton Smedly

Farber, it does certainly feel like the aircraft flies as opposed to being rocketed along, but to be honest my interpretation of that could be because I'm flyinging earlier &  less powerful versions of familiar aircraft.  I can achieve a 3-point landing in CoD, but it's all a bit hit and miss for me in 1946. Again, it could be just that I'm trying harder at the moment.  I still can't land in a straight bloody line....

Onwards with flight training!!  ;D

=CfC=BlueDog

I'm with Fitz - no significant improvement in stutter.

=CfC=Bounder

There is an Australian chap who helped King George VI BD!

Sorry......cccccc...haps......I'm just hoping you talented guys will sort it all out before I take the ppppppppp......lllll......unge.

B...bbbb...ounder........... ;D...... ::)

=CfC=BlueDog

Bbbbb...bbb...bbbb....bugger off, Bbbb.bb.bbbb...........Bounder! ;D ;D ;D