Cyborg 3D Force

Started by =CfC=Father Ted, March 02, 2011, 09:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Father Ted

What ho Chaps,

This quey is aimed primarily at Binks, as I believe he has the above stick.  My flying has been even more uncontrolled than usual of late, so much so that I concluded that it wasn't just me.  My investigations revealed that the twist on my stick seems to give random outputs, doesn't centre, etc.  I think it must be a mechanical problem with the potentiometers, maybe dust in there.  My question is - is it worth trying to take the thing apart, or should I just bin it?

Ted

=CfC= Silverback

Ted have you reinstalled the driver? That being done you can also go to your controls and reduce the first input  for your rudder to "0". I had one of those sticks before also and that worked for me for a bit. Good luck

=CfC= Binks

I have the same problem with my stick Ted, the rudder doesn't centre, unless I give it several "flicks" in both directions. This usually happens on the ground, but can also sometimes happen in flight. If I forget, I usually end up careering off the runway/carrier deck on take off. I've taken my old one apart before, and it was quite easy, if a little fiddly. I might try it with the newer one today, and give it a clean as you suggest. Let me know how you get on should you decide to give it a go.

Don't bother to take the base panel off Ted, the rudder sensors are in the twist grip. Doh!

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

=CfC=Father Ted

Thanks both for your swift replies, I shall try both options

Ted

5./JG27Farber

I have a Saitek X52 and serveral weeks running it had simular problems.  I dusted out the magnetic ring which worked briefly.  This happened for some weeks so in the end I got wreckless and used lighter fluid on a cloth to clean it - this worked for longer then I got even more annoyed when it failed and used WD40 on a cloth.  This has been the best option -working without maintenance for about 5 months!

I hate my stick and didnt care if I destroyed it!  If you follow what I did and break your own its not my fault...  I was hoping it would die so I could buy a new one!

Proceed with caution!
Black 1
Rudolf Farber

Gizmo

I'm not sure if this applies to your stick but I used to get a similar problem with my Cyborg Evos and it seems to be a fairly common problem on the Saitek forum.
If you have their software installed then moving the stick through it's complete range of movement several times will re-calibrate it. If that doesn't work there is another solution requiring the deletion of some registry entries but you'd need to check out the support forum for that.