I say chaps

Started by John Cartwright, March 01, 2011, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cartwright

What with 26th March the date for cabbage crates coming over the briny; bally tenpenny
ones dropping in the custard, I'm bursting to have a crack at Jerry again.

Been out of the sim for a while due to personal difficulties.
Back on form now; problem is, squad I was in has:
a) gone Sausage Side
ii) started taking things a bit too seriously.

So casting about for a new shower, I wondered if I might tag along with you chaps.

Crisp oncers in a brown envelope tucked behind the cistern 4th stall Victoria Station
Gents for you is the usual form I believe.
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940

=CfC=Fitz

Your old squad went sausage side! Shocking! What is the world coming to?

You're more than welcome to join us for a pootle old chap, I'll foward server details over post haste.

I see that you've already passed 'advanced banter' so we'll start your training with 'lighting a pipe with an open canopy' this of course includes the 'moustache care in high winds' module.

Just so as you are aware, we'll only be making a partial move to CoD as the aircraft and map set is likely to leave us wanting a little variation!

I've already sent a memo to ops requesting your madame fifi's discount card.

Pip pip,

Fitz

Badgerton Smedly

Tally Ho BalDaddy, charmed to make your acquaintance!

I'm more of a part-time member on account of a new cub, but I'm sure I'll be providing target practice for you at some point or other! Bravo!

Let me know if you need someone to take care of your bar tab!  ;D

Toodles

Badger

=CfC= Binks

Greetings BalDaddy,  you'll find some jolly decent coves here, and no shortage of Bananas. Ceremonials are decidedly louche, and the only person you will be expected to "salute", will be Matron!
Pip pip.

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

Gizmo

Welcome to the circus BalDaddy old boy.

Crikey, all these new chappies, could it be the Mankini Effect I wonder  :o

While Badger was polite enough to enquire first regarding your bar tab, you'll probably find Palmtree has already opened a substantial one on your behalf.

The only things we take reasonably seriously are finding new and exciting ways of dying in our chutes (assisted enthusiastically by Bounder) and using our aircraft to drill holes in hillsides from varying angles.

=CfC=Father Ted

Quote from: Gizmo on March 01, 2011, 01:38:47 PM
Crikey, all these new chappies, could it be the Mankini Effect I wonder  :o

I rather hope not - we are placing the ads in the right sort of magazines aren't we?

Anyhoo, welcome Baldaddy.  As the others have said it's all rather relaxed here.  Flying skills are respected but not expected - though you will find that your ability to scramble will improve remarkably when a hormonally-charged Matron lurches out of her hangar.

Ted

=CfC= Silverback

Sorry old boy but I don't quite understand your banter. Anyway welcome and see you tonight.

John Cartwright

'lighting a pipe with an open canopy' this of course includes the 'moustache care in high winds' module.'
Yes need to get the hang of that....set fire to the old tash when the match flared up in the slipstream last time I tried it. Rum do.

Anyway chaps, thanks for the welcome. Got to whip out the old stick and give it a polish (why is matron looking at me like that?) and thrash blindly about the sky for a while afore I attempt online again. Anyroadup got to finish the bungalow I've (semi) retired to otherwise the Memsahib will have my guts for garters. Place was in a time warp; should of just given it to the National Trust and have done with it. Nearly finished if I survive. I'm afraid I'm most awfully accident prone....don't feel a job is done properly umless I've bled all over it.

New cub eh Badger old chap? if you need any gen I'm your man, having had four meself, 2 of each though a while ago. Teething yet? I found a drop or two of gin or laudanum on a nice soft lead dummy soothes the little mites. :)
"Take that; you rotten Swastinkers you!"
:British Pathe News 1940