Introduction

Started by UrsusManor, February 24, 2011, 01:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrsusManor

Hello fellow Comrades,

i have found your squadron while browsing on the Ubisoft forums looking for an EURO squadron where the FUN part of the game dominates. I got in touch with Fitz and registered here on the forum to get to know you more.
As for my former experiences i have played IL-2 Forgotten Battles a lot and have enlisted in an online squadron as well. However after a time my Commanding Officer ( my wife ) recruited a rookie ( my daughter )  to our own squadron and her training took a lot from my free time. Now as she is able to fly alone ( kindergarten ) and she turned away from the good old planes ( her favourite is A-6 Intruder, really! ) and the new Cliffs of Dover is to be released soon i would like to enter once again the war zone not with a Tiger Moth but with a Hurricane at least. :)
My knowledge is a little bit rusty but i am willing to learn even from the basics if needed.
I have also purchased 1946 add-on today ( You were right, Fitz, it cost 2 Milka bars :) ) as according to the information i have received you would shift to the new program only partially. So i will now refresh my knowledge with some extensive offline hunting this weekend and I will try to patch up my softwares as well and i will ask for help if i come across any problems. :P

Many thanks for your attention.  ;)

Good hunting,
Zoltan
Escaping in a Wirraway :D

=CfC=Fitz

Hi Zoltan,

Having fun is the aim of the game old chap! There are a few squads out there that take things a bit too seriously but you don't need to worry about that here.

We completely understand that the dreaded 'Real Life' rears it's ugly head all to often, so there is no pressure to fly. Simply come along when you like and have fun.

As long as you're patched up to the latest version, don't worry about brushing up on your skills before you join us. We promise to take it easy on you (apart from Gizmo. He's like a cat with a piece of string, he just can't resist!)

I'll mail you the server details as soon as I get home.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Woof

Hi Zoltan and welcome to the pool.  Come dive right in, but be aware the water may be a bit murky at times despite our filtering it through Matron's bloomers. 

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Paladin

Welcome aboard Zoltan

This bunch of rubes has an uncanny knack for enjoying themselves which you will be hard pressed to find in any other squadron. I think you have made an excellent choice.

Regards
Paladin

Some people are like "slinkies ". They're not really good for anything; but
they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of
stairs.

=CfC=Palmtree

Tally Ho Zoltan!

"Fun"?!? you say?!?  :o

I thought there was a war on???  :o

Cheers

Pt
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC= Binks

Hola Zoltan,

good to have you aboard.

Ursus Manor, didn't I own that once?

HE Lord Binks.

Dust,heat and sweat. Like living in Matron's armpit.......

UrsusManor

Thank your the welcome words!
Now i am patching up my bird to catch up with the speed of yours. :)

Gizmo

What ho Zoltan old boy, welcome aboard.

Aww Fitz  you're making me blush but I would really prefer being referred to as a kitten.

UrsusManor

thank you Gizmo!
Hmmm..kitten..you mean like this: :D

Gizmo

Just like that when I know Fitz has been following my smoke trail across the map waiting for my gear to drop.

When I tell you ctrl+E engages an extra boost

When I'm in Palmtrees low six

REWENGEE !!!!

And just relaxing

UrsusManor

Good evening Comrades,
my copy of 1946 was delivered today afternoon and after that i have installed everything and started my training from the very basics of landing to complex engine management. I have also tried that magical CTRL+E which triggers that famous extra boost which dries my wet pants immediately ( Thanks for the hint Gizmo! :P :D ) .
I have collected some questions. Could you please answer them?

• Regarding the difficulty settings i suppose everything is on, am i right?
  • Are you using 4.10.1 patch?
  • I have read a posting from Bounder regarding Spit's trim improvement. Do you have a simiral hint how to adjust my rudder? My new joystick is way to sensible to control the plane. i can turn a Bf-109 only with the speed of a Blenheim otherwise it drops in a stall.
  • I have now 1946 patched up, Teamspeak 3.0 and Hyperlobby. What else do i need?
Many thanks for your precious help and have a nice weekend. :)

=CfC=Father Ted

Hi Zoltan!

It looks like you're all ready to go in terms of patches etc.  The thing about the Spitfire trim improvement was an issue from the 4.10 patch.  The 4.10.1 (which we do use) has apparently made this better.  But this is only about the Spitfire flight model - your problems with the Bf109 are probably something different.

Ted

=CfC=Fitz

Hey Zoltan,

We tend to fly pretty much full real, though I will often leave external views on (at least for co-ops, so that those that die, bail or land can still watch the action) We leave it to trust that no-one will use it to look for the enemy etc.

We are using the 4.10.1 patch.

With regards to controls, it depends a little on what controller you're using. You can though adjust your controllers sensitivity settings in game. I think there is also a third party product that can assist with this and I'm sure someone will chime in with the name shortly! I tend to stick with the default sensitivity settings though and I'm suprised that you're having such an issue with the 109 as it tends to be quite stable at speed.

The only other thing that you will need is the UP modpack, we only tend to use it on Thursday evenings for a bit of variety and it's no problem running vanilla until you get up to speed. (After installing and patching up to 4.10.1 I'm sure you want a break from installing and want to get some actual flying in!) Also if Bounder could chip in here and advise how to install the modpack on a 4.10.1 installation Also, before installing the mods, make sure you make a copy of your clean game install in case of any problems!!

Fitz

Gizmo

Joy-control is one of the 3rd party utilities Fitz mentioned and the one I use, available here....

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1021

What stick are you using and do you have rudder pedals?

UrsusManor

Thank you for all your precious help!
Actually i am using a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro without rudder pedals but the small tool mentiond by Gizmo solved 95% of my problem in connection with its sensitivity. The rest 5% lies in my hands :)
With 4.10.1 patch just finishing and the 2.01 modpack is still downloading i will go now and waste some ammo online as a training.. :)
:)