Re-enlisting

Started by =CfC=Paladin, January 30, 2011, 10:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=CfC=Paladin

Greetings Gents
                               I would like to re-join the squadron. Some of the names are new but things seem largely the same as they were back in my days as a member of Chuffy's Heroes. So what say you chaps...room for another pilot in the squadron ??

Regards
Paladin

Some people are like "slinkies ". They're not really good for anything; but
they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of
stairs.

=CfC=BlueDog

I'm sure I'm speaking for the rest of the chaps in saying "welcome back".   Any objections from the floor?

Locker #8 is available for your flying gear and Wilkins has fuelled and armed your Beauie. :) :)   The bad new is you'll be sharing a room with Bounder - AKA Mr Flatulence 1942. ;D

=CfC=Bounder

BD is absolutely correct Paladin, but he also failed to explain how he came second in the contest in 1942.

Apparently his relationship with Matron had led both of them to invest in this contraption which was not only a silent killer and able to deceive the judges, but it also represents a significant proportion of his retirement income since he is now the only franchise holder for the politicians in Canberra!

See here:-

http://www.humoretc.com/videos/gasright.php

Bounder ;D

=CfC=Woof

I'v got deja vue all over me...

=CfC=Palmtree

Welcome back!

Calls fo a drink I say!  :D

Don't forget to put the  "=CfC=" before your name!

Cheers Pt.
Watch Your Six!

Holder of the largest Bar Tab 1940

=CfC=Fitz

Well Paladin, as Bluey has already mentioned, there is a spare bed in Bounders billet. Due to MOD cutbacks you'll also be sharing a batman. Just between you an me, keep an eye on him as he's taken 'batman' a little to heart and is prone to waking up his charges in the small hours with a cricket bat....

Also chaps, when any non-flyers are about, Paladin is to be known as Pilot Officer Dunstable-Wallop. The subterfuge is necessary to avoid some unfortunate mis-understanding with regards to an outstanding mess bill. I'm sure it was all a bit of a cock-up and it appears that most of the outstanding chits have been signed Pallingdon with handwriting that brings one 'Wildchild' to mind. (Several also feature the post script 'I'm going to get you Bounder' that are a bit of a giveaway) Unfortunately the chaps in charge of accounts are an unreasonable lot and it was much easier to admit that I'd got the name wrong than fill out the paperwork required to sort out the problem.

I've set Wilkins to rumbling up some kind of aircraft for you, but don't get too excited as all I've seen him carrying about so far is string and matchsticks. I'll have to reduce his anti-fr....whiskey ration until he's got it sorted. In fact I'll just pop down to see him now to make sure you don't end up with the old sopwith camel at the back of the hangar he's been eyeing up.

pip pip,

Fitz

=CfC=Paladin

Great !!! ....Thanks to all. As for Wilkins he has acted like he has something massive stuck in his colon every time I have spoken to him since the  mk16 extended adult beverage container was added to my Beaufighter years ago. I believe he was using it for his "personal inventory" however we were off to the Eastern front to give Ivan a hand and needed the additional capacity.Unfortunately vodka had a terrible affect on Palmtree's somewhat delicate constitution so it was vital that a suitable quantity of proper drink was available.

The last go-around I was billeted with Caverat briefly so rest assured that very little Bounder could do will come as any great surprise.

Regards
Paladin

Some people are like "slinkies ". They're not really good for anything; but
they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of
stairs.

=CfC=Woof

Hey, Paladin, just want to say hello and mention that any chap who's willing to sleep with Bounder is thumbs up and bloomers down in my book.

I'v got deja vue all over me...